Cowboys insider: Amari & Tank “likely to be gone” next season

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Who's going to replace Cooper? CeeDee ain't ready.

Wilson and Pollard (and Turner, but some sample) all had higher Ctch% than Coops. When is he going to do to earn the $22m, or what is he doing for the money, other than occupying the CB1? We can't afford to retain players based on reputation and it's not as if he and Dak are a combination made in heaven. If the stats indicate we could get similar production out of lesser names for less money then he's expendable.

ps....i'm a fan of Coop, but we cant afford him for what he does.

Trajan

Reaction score
Look at Dak's stats before Coop arrived. Lose him, I would expect a far worse offensive performance next season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Look at Dak's stats before Coop arrived. Lose him, I would expect a far worse offensive performance next season.

And if was always "Gallup is just as good if not better, let Amari go".

Now Gallup is out until at least early next season with the ACL tear, and maybe will never be as good as he has been. That essentially leaves Mr. Dropsy Lamb and Wilson, one of them goes down with an injury and our once great receiving corps is bottom tier. Can't draft a receiver, we need OL and DT in the worst way, which will take up your top 2 draft picks, meaning we'll have to hit on another Gallup in the 3rd or later rounds.

But I do think Cooper is gone, simply because the Cowboys just can't afford him first of all, and after Jerry's "he should take half the field with him" comment, it appears there's no love for Amari in Dallas....

Einstein

Reaction score
Top 5 O and getting better D down the drain... in the 60s-70s we were "next year's champions", now were just the "well there's always next year" team... sad really

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adams is also targeted a lot more. Point is Cooper contract is not even tops in the NFL with Hopkins, Julio Jones and Keenan Allan all making more and with an new batch of FA at WR the market increases. add to that Adams is actually 2 years older than Cooper. All I am getting at is these price tags continue to rise and putting Cooper contract in context with other WR it is not really out of line.

No. The contract isn’t.

It’s expecting someone to give up draft capital in addition that makes it out of line. Or unlikely anyway.

conner01

Reaction score
Nothing like straight up releasing two of the highest paid players on the team. And another one, in Zeke, would be released if it saved any money.

Terrible contracts that prohibit us being able to sign any big time free agents. Great work by Jerry and Stephen
Those guys you sign would be considered terrible contracts long before they end
All contracts look terrible at the end because that’s how they are structured

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - Could the Dallas Cowboys be losing two of their top players before the 2022 season? According to 105.3 The Fan Cowboys insider Bobby Belt, it very well could be possible.

Lawrence, who played in just seven of the Cowboys 17 regular season games last season, is a $27 million cap hit in 2022, and Belt suggests that Dallas could be looking to either restructure or move on from that deal.

"I think just from talking to some people that this decision from them, they're looking at is as more of a choice," Belt said of the Cowboys stance on Lawrence. "Which direction do they want to go. So I think they're looking at it as, do we want to resign Randy Gregory, or do we want to restructure DeMarcus Lawrence. I don't think they're going to necessarily roll into next season with both guys. I think they view this as, you've got to pick one."

During his Friday visit with Shan & RJ, Belt suggested that the Cowboys could be looking to move on from both wideout Amari Cooper and defensive end, DeMarcus Lawrence.

"I think (Amari and Tank) are likely to be gone at this moment," said Belt. "I think Cooper and Lawrence both, I don't know if we are looking at June 1 for them or restructures. I think the betting favorite right now would be straight releases for both guys. And that would be $16 million freed up from Cooper, and $8 million freed up from DeMarcus Lawrence."

Cowboys insider: Amari & Tank “likely to be gone” next season (msn.com)
Dak will be one Quincy carter if that’s the case.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
how is Jacksonville going home, he went to high school in North Miami.
Florida would be going home.

Just like being from Texas and I moved to another state, if after years I moved back to Texas - no matter what part, to me it would be going back home.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Adams is also targeted a lot more. Point is Cooper contract is not even tops in the NFL with Hopkins, Julio Jones and Keenan Allan all making more and with an new batch of FA at WR the market increases. add to that Adams is actually 2 years older than Cooper. All I am getting at is these price tags continue to rise and putting Cooper contract in context with other WR it is not really out of line.
That’s fine. Let cooper go to a top qb with a top coach and watch him explode. Jerry will spend the next 10 years trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again like with moss.

conner01

Reaction score
If you cut him then you have to replace him
Same with Dlaw
I’m all for cutting cooper if there is a plan to replace him but lamb and turner aren’t the answer