Twitter: Cowboys interested in FA Malcolm Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Mickey would have said, "Why is he available?" What I said obviously was completely different than that. ;)
Just messing with you bro, it is an auto response just like when Mickey hears about a free agent...lol.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Broaddus is hinting we will sign a practice squad player from other team that could serve as depth but compete for a spot next year. I like that better, its how we got David Irving.

black label

Reaction score
This guy will come in and have a good game, next thing you know is Jerry signs him for 4 years.
We love our guys

Carson

Reaction score
Pretty easy summary of the two.

Smith is a playmaker. If you need a guy to eat snaps, he would be the choice.

Ray Ray brings the nasty to hitting. Pretty much pure special teamer at this point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
[ QUOTED hQUOTE="Kaiser, post: 9827359, member: 37411"]Broaddus is hinting we will sign a practice squad player from other team that could serve as depth but compete for a spot next year. I like that better, its how we got David Irving.[/QUOTE]

It is a better move. The vets out there are guys who likely would be ST contributors. Smith hasn't really played ST for 5 or 6 years now.

Can't have backup LBs that don't do ST

Carson

Reaction score
[ QUOTED hQUOTE="Kaiser, post: 9827359, member: 37411"]Broaddus is hinting we will sign a practice squad player from other team that could serve as depth but compete for a spot next year. I like that better, its how we got David Irving.

Armstrong played 5 games this year for the Saints. Special teams only. 91 special teams to be exact

Smith played two games. Special teams only as well. 29 snaps

These guys are special team guys who can play in a pinch.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This guy was a super bowl MVP.

and then the next one he played in he was essentially benched the whole game. He is a role player who could possible play st and some snaps in an emergency.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wow Larry Brown slander. What did he do wrong? He was a good player his entire time here.
He was for the Cowboys, but after his MVP he went to Raiders and did absolutely nothing. Just stating this may be the same thing that may happen with this Smith guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.