Cowboys Interested in LB Jason Williams

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Per his own words, during the EW Shrine Game Practices in January:

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Draft-Bible-Q-A/exclusive_draft_journal_ii_jason_williams_lb.html

Exclusive: Draft Journal II - Jason Williams, LB
Written by NFL Draft Bible
Tuesday, 20 January 2009 10:30
Jan. 19th

Dear Journal,

The highlight of the week was hands down on Sunday afternoon when we went to the Shriner’s Children’s Hospital. I have been working with kids the last three summers but this was like the opposite end of the spectrum for me. You really value life and it was a really humbling experience.

From there we had our weigh-ins and I felt mine went well. I weighed 6’1 even, 241 pounds and from what I heard, scouts were impressed with me among those on the West squad.

I had really good practices and all of the guys that were kind of indifferent about me seemed to change their minds, which is what I set out there to do. I sat down with 14 or 15 teams. A few seemed very interested but overall it seemed like a normal interview. I interviewed with the Cowboys, Saints, Bears, Rams, Bucs, Steelers, Panthers, Seahawks, Vikings, and Jaguars. The Cowboys, Bears, and Rams seemed the most interested and the Bucs seemed to be pretty interested.

All in all it was a good experience to play in a traditional NFL scheme and give scouts a chance to see what I could do in space. I felt personally that I held my own against the bigger schools guys there. I didn’t see a difference in my ability and theirs and if anything I felt I was better than most. I think scouts felt that way too.

The game was definitely fun. Of course I wanted to win but I had fun raising money for the hospital.

Now that I am back I will resume training this week training on my own. When I get a chance I will go back to New Jersey for a few days.

Thanks for following my journey and I will check in next week!

Jason Williams, LB, Western Illinois

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Unfortunately this article is from January. I would love for him to have a star on his helmet, but we didn't even send someone to his pro day I don't think.