Cowboys Interview Tamba Hali of Penn State at combine

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Ranch Report says this. He would fit as an OLB in a 3-4. he's 6'2" just around 260lbs.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Ranch Report says this. He would fit as an OLB in a 3-4. he's 6'2" just around 260lbs.

Yes please

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Just because a player is small for a DE doesn't mean that they have the ability to stand up as a 3-4 OLB.

Reaction score
If he can get me 10 sacks and some QB pressures then I'm all for it. I don't hear many Pittsburgh fans crying about Joey Porter's inability to cover TE's or runningbacks well.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Just because a player is small for a DE doesn't mean that they have the ability to stand up as a 3-4 OLB.

Obviously the Cowboys scouts feel he can do it.

Reaction score
I'll trust the scouts because they didn't exactly screw it up when it came to drafting D. Ware did they??

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

huh? they talked to him.

the scouts are going to talk to as many guys as they can.

that's "scouting"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
How does Tamba Hali stack up with the populars around here in the OLB department?

Tambi Hali
2005: 65 tackles, 17 TFLs, 11 sacks

Bobby carpenter
2005: 49 tackles, 10 TFLs, 8 sacks

Manny Lawson
2005: 58 tackles, 19.5 TFL, 10.5 sacks, 14 QB hurries, 1 FF

Chad Greenway
2005:156 tackles. 10 TFLs, 2 sacks

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
abersonc said:
huh? they talked to him.

the scouts are going to talk to as many guys as they can.

that's "scouting"

They wouldn;t even talk to him if they didn;t think he could fit in the system, you are only allowed so many interviews at the combine.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

Hali cannot play SOLB it's that simple. He's nowhere near agile enough to stand up.

Besides, a team interviewing a player means nothing. Maybe it's due dilligence, maybe it's a smokescreen to get a team to jump in front of them for player A so that players B, C or D drop.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Hali cannot play SOLB it's that simple. He's nowhere near agile enough to stand up.

Besides, a team interviewing a player means nothing. Maybe it's due dilligence, maybe it's a smokescreen to get a team to jump in front of them for player A so that players B, C or D drop.

Lets just say I trust the scouts more than stanleyspadowski on cowboyszone.com. Teams are olny allowed so many interviews at the combine. So I doubt they are wasting interviews on people they do not think could play for their team. Second if they were doing "due dilligence" why would they do it with someone who obviously can not play 34 DE? Maybe they were checking in to see his interest in 34 OLB

Rockytop6

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Lets just say I trust the scouts more than stanleyspadowski on cowboyszone.com. Teams are olny allowed so many interviews at the combine. So I doubt they are wasting interviews on people they do not think could play for their team. Second if they were doing "due dilligence" why would they do it with someone who obviously can not play 34 DE? Maybe they were checking in to see his interest in 34 OLB

I could be wrong but I don't think he will be there at # 18.

BLT

Reaction score
He if from NJ after all, the tuna probably just wanted to see how one of the jersey guys was doing.