Cowboys Listed Offensive Depth Chart As Of 10/26

phildadon86

Reaction score
Has Collins lost his job or will he eventually take over for Connor Williams?
I still remember a play from his rookie year ( may be wrong) where he out ran McFadden against Green Bay and he was playing LG. Get your best 5 on the field. Im all for putting him at LG. Run with Zeke behind Collins and Smith. My LORD.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I still remember a play from his rookie year ( may be wrong) where he out ran McFadden against Green Bay and he was playing LG. Get your best 5 on the field. Im all for putting him at LG. Run with Zeke behind Collins and Smith. My LORD.
Williams is not good. Collins would be an upgrade 100%. I believe Steele has done more than enough to earn a starting spot on this line.

Aftershock

Reaction score
The coaches are better at evaluating talent than you are.
Collins hasn't played a meaningful snap since Week 1, he has to get his legs under him
If he was better than CW at LG then he would be at LG, but he's not.

Sydla

Reaction score
Was Collins allowed to work out with the team during his suspension? I don't think I ever paid attention to that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Collins hasn't played a meaningful snap since Week 1, he has to get his legs under him
If he was better than CW at LG then he would be at LG, but he's not.
I would say that the coaches didn't expect Steele to be just as good as Collins at RT.

Therefore, Collins can now be moved to LG to fill up an obvious weak spot because he is no longer needed to be the RT.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Williams is not good. Collins would be an upgrade 100%. I believe Steele has done more than enough to earn a starting spot on this line.
Dangerous to assume that. Collins got moved to T because he wasn’t great at G. Williams is at least a league average player. Sometimes better to stick with the devil you know.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dangerous to assume that. Collins got moved to T because he wasn’t great at G. Williams is at least a league average player. Sometimes better to stick with the devil you know.
Collins was a beast at G. He moved to tackle to ensure he got better pay when his contract was up. lol

Williams cant do this.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I think Collins has only played one game in a season and a half because of his hip injury and a suspension, and with Steele playing well, I don't know if it's wise to put him back in there right away.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
McGovern is the backup center. Interesting. I guess McGovern has been practicing at center for a while.

I still believe there is no way one takes Steele out of the lineup if he continues to play like he has.

I believe Farniok is going to be pretty good. For a 7th round pick, he looks really good. He improved every preseason game.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Can it be that we have become a real football team. A team that has real expectations for the players. A team that will not tolerate turd like behavior from the players. Pinch me i must be dreaming. Imagine if you had a business and Collins worked for you. You pay him handsomely and he never shows up to work for bogus reasons like car crashes and mystery injuries and bizarre suspensions. How would you tear him when he returned?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Has Collins lost his job or will he eventually take over for Connor Williams?

I'd say it's more likely that since he was allowed to begin practicing just after the New England game, we're not in a hurry to reinsert him since Steele is playing well. Usually teams have to force a starter back into the lineup quickly because the backup is not near as good. We don't even know what kind of shape he has kept himself in since he wasn't allowed in the facilities (I believe).

It's kind of like with Gallup. We're not rushing it because Wilson has played well.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Interesting..but to put LC at RT vs Hunter after not playing for 5 games is questionable. Let that man work his way back.

Imo, LC wasn't a good OG, and was glad he moved to RT. At this stage, it may be best to move LC to get your best 5 tho.

pacboyX

Reaction score
If I remember correctly we needed a RT at the time Lael made the switch. I don’t know if he took over the end of Doug Free or if there was a person between them but I saw the move as more of a need transition. Tackles do make good money but pretty sure Zach Martin has good money too.