Cowboys Listed Offensive Depth Chart As Of 10/26

mardwin

Reaction score
No need to touch the offensive line if the team is jamming.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Has Collins lost his job or will he eventually take over for Connor Williams?

No, he's just not getting it handed back to him. He has to earn it. Come in. Be in game shape. Practice hard.

This is partly about recognizing the job Steele did. However, Steele is not playing at La'el's level. Collins is a pro-bowl level RT (but the pro bowl doesn't distinguish so it is hard to crack the lineup if you are an RT who is not Lane Johnson). Also, this is about the team putting Collins on notice for putting himself in a position to miss games.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Collins was a beast at G. He moved to tackle to ensure he got better pay when his contract was up. lol

Williams cant do this.

Exactly. Love it when I can debate with fans who see the "game" inside the "game". Performing at a high level from the OT position was the quickest route to the biggest payday. Wake up people! He has the talent of being able to play both...but even if he was a better G than OT...he preferred RT because of the value it held with THIS team.

At the time....If we had someone at RT that was playing on or just below the level of Tyron Smith was at LT...guess what....La'el Collins would've stayed at LG.

If we move him to LG permanently... and ask him to take a paycut...he would refuse. Get cut. And hit free agency looking for work as an OT...because it would pay more!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Collins was a beast at G. He moved to tackle to ensure he got better pay when his contract was up. lol

Williams cant do this.

His rookie year he was a monster. I remember some struggles in 2016, although he did spend most of that year injured. Also 2017 seemed to be pretty down. Was that the year he made the move to T though? Very well may be me misremembering.

J-man

Reaction score
Dangerous to assume that. Collins got moved to T because he wasn’t great at G. Williams is at least a league average player. Sometimes better to stick with the devil you know.

You must have been watching someone else play because Collins was an absolute road grader at LG. He moved to RT because he could do that job very well too and Doug Free was done. RT is more valuable and pays more than LG.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You must have been watching someone else play because Collins was an absolute road grader at LG. He moved to RT because he could do that job very well too and Doug Free was done. RT is more valuable and pays more than LG.
And that is what i'm trying to figure out, cant remember exactly when he made the move to T. I know he had a couple down years (2016/2017) after his dominant rookie season, but I think that may have been after Free left and he made the move to T. His down year may have been the transition to RT, and i'm just misremembering.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
common sense, they're making Collins earn his spot back, Head coach is sending the message to the team, makes stupid decisions and we're not handing your job back even if you're the better player there's no comparison between Collins and Steele talent wise, Collins is pro bowl player that's ten times the player Steele is...