Cowboys luck

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Hue Jackson:

Oh my gosh, yes. Did I like Carson Wentz? Hell yes. He did something that no other quarterback did. I give them three minutes to memorize the book and put on the (white) board. He put it all on the board in two minutes and 48 seconds. I've never had a guy do that ever in my coaching career.

But the plan was never to take a quarterback that year. It was all about trading back to get picks. If you're doing that you've got to pick the right players.

Wentz could have been with Cleveland, Philly never wins the SB. We would have had one less top QB in the division.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Hue Jackson:

Oh my gosh, yes. Did I like Carson Wentz? Hell yes. He did something that no other quarterback did. I give them three minutes to memorize the book and put on the (white) board. He put it all on the board in two minutes and 48 seconds. I've never had a guy do that ever in my coaching career.

But the plan was never to take a quarterback that year. It was all about trading back to get picks. If you're doing that you've got to pick the right players.

Wentz could have been with Cleveland, Philly never wins the SB. We would have had one less top QB in the division.
Woulda coulda shoulda! Coulda fired Garrett and we’d have hope of being the next surprise Super Bowl Champs!!

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Was that the year Kevin Costner was the GM.....lol

220px-Draft_Day_poster.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hue Jackson:

If you really want to be sick, consider this:

If Garrett, Mr. 'Win when it doesn't matter' doesn't win a meaningless Monday night field-goal-fest of a game against the Commanders that year, it is the Cowboys sitting in the 2nd overall pick position that year instead of #4 (due to tiebreakers), able to draft Wentz themselves.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

If Garrett, Mr. 'Win when it doesn't matter' doesn't win a meaningless Monday night field-goal-fest of a game against the Commanders that year, it is the Cowboys sitting in the 2nd overall pick position that year instead of #4 (due to tiebreakers), able to draft Wentz themselves.
And they would have probably drafted Bosa...since you know...Romo was going to play another 5 years per our wonderful GM. I don't think even with the 1st pick they would have taken a QB that year.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cleveland is like that person who sits down at the blackjack table and doesn't know how to play the game. Doesn't know when to stay or when to hit. After a few hands, the dealer just tells them to get out since they don't know what they are doing and are ruining the game for everyone else.

And they have had 'real' GMs the whole time. Although, the one constant for Cleveland is the fact that they are under the salary cap by huge amounts every year. Hard for any coach, GM, team, or players to be successful when you are spending 70% of what everyone else is spending on players.

Jipper

Reaction score
Cleveland is like that person who sits down at the blackjack table and doesn't know how to play the game. Doesn't know when to stay or when to hit. After a few hands, the dealer just tells them to get out since they don't know what they are doing and are ruining the game for everyone else.

And they have had 'real' GMs the whole time. Although, the one constant for Cleveland is the fact that they are under the salary cap by huge amounts every year. Hard for any coach, GM, team, or players to be successful when you are spending 70% of what everyone else is spending on players.

Honestly never heard a dealer tell someone to get out and I’ve played a lot of blackjack....maybe make suggest they move to the last seat so the stop pulling everyone else’s cards....

But yeah Cleveland sucks

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate Hue Jackson.

He spells his first name stupidly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hue Jackson:

no....lets look at it the way we should...we could have traded up from 4 to 2 and had wentz and grabbed a RB later..... you need a QB to win superbowls not a RB....

how much would it have cost to go from 4 to 2? and Cleveland probably would have traded back again......

that was the mistake we made.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hue Jackson:

Wentz didn't play at all in the playoffs or the Superbowl so can't give him credit for winning it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And they would have probably drafted Bosa...since you know...Romo was going to play another 5 years per our wonderful GM. I don't think even with the 1st pick they would have taken a QB that year.

We could have traded back and gotten an even bigger haul.

I do so hate our season finale "wins" against teams resting their starters for the playoffs.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We could have traded back and gotten an even bigger haul.

I do so hate our season finale "wins" against teams resting their starters for the playoffs.
Didn’t you get the memo, you always try to win. I hate those “wins” too. They are not meaningless because they ALWAYS cost us draft position. I say, win games that matter, to make the playoffs in the regular season and play mostly backups in games where your team has no chance to make the playoffs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Didn’t you get the memo, you always try to win. I hate those “wins” too. They are not meaningless because they ALWAYS cost us draft position. I say, win games that matter, to make the playoffs in the regular season and play mostly backups in games where your team has no chance to make the playoffs.

If they're playing backups, we play backups. Then we let them play.

lk8701

Reaction score

I want to commit suicide. I will blame JG in my suicide note.