News: Cowboys McCarthy Praises Dak In Loss Why?

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I don't think Dak did bad considering the team folded in on him. Just that he didn't carry hard like a 40 mill QB he claims to be. But throwing into the feet of a receiver right in front of you, is hard to justify a 40 mill price tag.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Analytics will be the new buzz word around here after the intangibles

cowboyed

Reaction score
It's the first game of the season. You can have new coaches, new players and new schemes but that makes it especially difficult winning on the road considering the shortened, less contact preseason. Also the Rams certainly didn't want to lay an egg in a cool new stadium no less. Our defense was less ready to play than the offense, but to their credit they started settling down later in the second half.

Our offense had a chance to still score on that final 4th quarter drive and that was a questionable, surprising offensive interference penalty against Gallup that would have put us on the 15 yard line with enough time in the game to play another down, maybe two. We didn't convert enough third downs, we let the Rams convert on too many third downs and our run defense was ineffective particularly in the first half of the game.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I don't think Dak did bad considering the team folded in on him. Just that he didn't carry hard like a 40 mill QB he claims to be. But throwing into the feet of a receiver right in front of you, is hard to justify a 40 mill price tag.

Good grief, Dak had a few errant passes in that game, but overall he was spreading that ball around and making great throws to those that know how to catch a pass. No quarterback whether worth 40 million per years. So I guess Mahomes who has a 10 year contract worth a half billion can never throw ineffectively his entire career. All quarterbacks have games where the ball they throw comes up short or where the receiver needs a shovel to catch the pass.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will improve with each week that he and his new staff get more settled into their relatively unfamiliar schemes and new people. Anytime a new staff settles into a new team, a vast array of adjustments must become accustomed to. Expecting instant gratification isn't vaguely reasonable.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I challenge your Dak Derangement Syndrome ravaged mind to find me one QB this week that didn't have an errant throw at some point in their game.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Cowboys way.

No one is allowed to show emotion or speak openly because people will get mad. McCarthy fits right in with his sorry press conference last night after his terrible decision to not kick a game tying field goal.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dak will improve with each week that he and his new staff get more settled into their relatively unfamiliar schemes and new people. Anytime a new staff settles into a new team, a vast array of adjustments must become accustomed to. Expecting instant gratification isn't vaguely reasonable.

its the same scheme he has played in. The only thing that has changed according to McCarthy is how they handle their running plays.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The problem was execution not coaching and no I don’t have a problem with going for it on 4th down, it’s the kind of play that if they hit it fires up the team. That being said I don’t think Dak is going to be the QB next year. This team has way too much holes to dedicate that much money on a QB just now

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Let me translate for McCarthy......it wasnt Daks fault; or anyone in uniform....the coaches screwed this up.

To be fair McCarthy did give us a heads up that we would look sloppy early do to not having tape. And in my opinion coaching aside I thought we played much better collectively once the game settled down....again coaching aside.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
its the same scheme he has played in. The only thing that has changed according to McCarthy is how they handle their running plays.

Guess again -- many of the young players are still learning the ropes and must have more time to get acclimated to the system they're in. MM might know all he needs to but there's a learning curve that exists with himself and the players, whether he prefers to admit it or not. I seriously doubt Kellen Moore is completely settled in yet, himself. Dak certainly had his problems getting the time necessary for his comfort in the pocket, as well.