Twitter: Cowboys Media Members “Fight” in Locker Room After Loss to Broncos?...Update post #12

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Only time I've seen the media named in an incident when I *think* Nick Eatman and Ed Werder got into it. Basically Eatman got offended when Werder basically said he writes what he writes because he's on the payroll.

Haven't seen Werder in Valley Ranch since.. lol

If that's true, I really hope Werder gets mauled by a random out-of-control truck.

What a bag of turds that guy is.

YR

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's true, I really hope Werder gets mauled by a random out-of-control truck.

What a bag of turds that guy is.

YR

It's definitely true. When I have a bit of time, I'll dig up either a thread or do a google search. It was all over twitter. As for whether Werder got banned after that because of the incident, I don't know, but it was around the TO time. So anything is possible.

Easier search than I thought: http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/10/cowboys-writer-and-espns-ed-werder-go.html

Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com has some choice words for the writer and a little bit of a tiff broke out yesterday. PFT has the details....
Per a source with knowledge of the exchange, they debated whether the question was aimed at getting a response from Owens that then could be used as proof of a problem in Dallas. As they talked, things started to get a little heated. Eventually, Werder walked away. While doing so, he made a comment regarding Eatman’s overall credibility, given that he writes for a team-owned publication.

Eatman responded by suggesting that ESPN specifically tries to get its reporters to stir things up. And there might have been an “F” bomb or two added to the message.

Werder returned, and the two continued to jaw for a bit. Though it never got physical, others eventually stepped in to ensure that it didn’t.

PFT's version

As we understand it, the problem arose from Terrell Owens’ post-game comments from the team’s Week Four loss to the Commanders. Eatman wrote an item for the Cowboys’ official web site knocking ESPN and other national media outlets for making a big deal out of T.O.’s desire to get his hands on the ball.
In the column, Eatman suggested that the question prompting the T.O. sound bite that then prompted a Monday Night Countdown free-for-all on Owens was aimed at baiting him into saying something controversial.
As we understand it, Eatman didn’t realize that Werder had asked the question.
On Thursday, Werder told Eatman that Werder had asked the question, um, in question.
Per a source with knowledge of the exchange, they debated whether the question was aimed at getting a response from Owens that then could be used as proof of a problem in Dallas. As they talked, things started to get a little heated. Eventually, Werder walked away. While doing so, he made a comment regarding Eatman’s overall credibility, given that he writes for a team-owned publication.
Eatman responded by suggesting that ESPN specifically tries to get its reporters to stir things up. And there might have been an “F” bomb or two added to the message.
Werder returned, and the two continued to jaw for a bit. Though it never got physical, others eventually stepped in to ensure that it didn’t.
Eatman’s point is a valid one. At times, it appears that the ESPN machine tries to create a story, and then to squeeze every last drop of 2 percent out of it. The fact that Werder apparently got a little defensive about the situation suggests to us that, in his heart, he suspects that there might be some merit to what Eatman said.
Of course, Werder’s point back to Eatman is a valid one as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2008/10/02/werder-eatman-exchange-pleasantries/

Last edited: