Cowboys Mention on 'Mike and Mike' This Morning

lspain1

Reaction score
There was a brief segment with Greenberg talking to Clayton who is on his way to Oxnard today to attend Cowboys camp. This exchange occurred after a Greenberg intro where he described the Cowboys as America's Team and always drawing a lot of interest.

Paraphrasing Here:

Greenberg: What are you hearing about the Cowboys who have a lot of question marks but who many are saying could well be one of this year's surprise teams in the NFL?

Clayton: Yes, many folks are saying that Demarcus Ware is the real deal, but the injury to Marcus Spears could hurt the transition to the 3-4. One of the key questions for the Cowboys this year is at the right tackle slot where no one really stepped up last year.

End Paraphrase

Wait til Clayton gets a look at Rogers and Canty today. We see what he says then about the questions marks. I think knowledgeable football people are watching the Cowboys with interest. I believe the NFC East is going to a more dangerous place for Philly this year.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I would venture to guess that pretty much everyone posting on this board knows more about the Cowboys' situation than John Clayton.

He may be able to relay some information to the casual fan, but it's a joke for any of us to depend on him for any new information.

While I'm at it, ESPN has outstanding baseball analysts and reporters (Olney, Rosenthal, Reynolds, Gammons, etc.), but they are severely lacking in good NFL reporters ... at least for television. Len Pasquarelli is an old school writer/reporter who is very good, but they don't use him on TV. Not sure why not. It can't be because of physical appearance because Clayton is on there.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Whatever Clayton sees today will probably not change his story very much. He has probably already written the article.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
lspain1 said:
There was a brief segment with Greenberg talking to Clayton who is on his way to Oxnard today to attend Cowboys camp. This exchange occurred after a Greenberg intro where he described the Cowboys as America's Team and always drawing a lot of interest.

Paraphrasing Here:

Greenberg: What are you hearing about the Cowboys who have a lot of question marks but who many are saying could well be one of this year's surprise teams in the NFL?

Clayton: Yes, many folks are saying that Demarcus Ware is the real deal, but the injury to Marcus Spears could hurt the transition to the 3-4. One of the key questions for the Cowboys this year is at the right tackle slot where no one really stepped up last year.

End Paraphrase

Wait til Clayton gets a look at Rogers and Canty today. We see what he says then about the questions marks. I think knowledgeable football people are watching the Cowboys with interest. I believe the NFC East is going to a more dangerous place for Philly this year.

Thanks for the info.........

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Chief said:
Len Pasquarelli is an old school writer/reporter who is very good, but they don't use him on TV. Not sure why not. It can't be because of physical appearance because Clayton is on there.
I heard it's because he spits when he talks... :D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Clayton is always like 5 steps behind everybody on this board, We hear news and then he writes about it 2 weeks later, i coudl care less what he says

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Chief said:
I would venture to guess that pretty much everyone posting on this board knows more about the Cowboys' situation than John Clayton.

He may be able to relay some information to the casual fan, but it's a joke for any of us to depend on him for any new information.

While I'm at it, ESPN has outstanding baseball analysts and reporters (Olney, Rosenthal, Reynolds, Gammons, etc.), but they are severely lacking in good NFL reporters ... at least for television. Len Pasquarelli is an old school writer/reporter who is very good, but they don't use him on TV. Not sure why not. It can't be because of physical appearance because Clayton is on there.

I agree. It's too bad Len P. doesn't go on the air much because he's probably the most consistent and knowledgable of the ESPN fellas who cover football year round.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
lspain1 said:
Yes John. We are scrapping our entire defensively philosophy because of one injury. Our plan was to make through the entire season without an injury because we do not have backups.

Reaction score
Chief said:

I know, it blows me away that the ultimate definition of geek (Clayton), is the main voice of the NFL on the biggest sports channel in captivity!! Is it that they already know they have the rest of us hooked, & are targeting the fringe of manhood in their never-ending quest to expand the market???!!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
People are underestimating us and our off season moves/returning players.

They only see 6-10. The record that means nothing to this team. This is a completely different team. Based on that 6-10 season you're basically adding the following players:

Drew Bledsoe (fmr pro bowl qb)
Julius Jones (future pro bowler)
Dan Campbell (one of the best blocking tight ends in the nfl)
Marco Rivera (pro bowl guard)
Jacob Rogers (2nd round draft pick)
Terry Glenn (Was on pace for over 1200 yards last year)
Quincy Morgan (More familiar with our system now)
Patrick Crayton (Potential, only played a few games)
Anthony Thomas (two 1000 yard rushing seasons with the bears)
Marion Barber (4th round draft pick)

Aaron Glenn
Anthony Henry
Jason Ferguson
Marcus Spears
DeMarcus Ware
Chris Canty
Kevin Burnett
"Potentially a FS through trade"

We have a completely new team, and if it stays healthy, and gels quickly enough we will be the 2005 Chargers/Steelers

P.S. our depth is serious

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
People are underestimating us and our off season moves/returning players.

They only see 6-10. The record that means nothing to this team. This is a completely different team. Based on that 6-10 season you're basically adding the following players:

Drew Bledsoe (fmr pro bowl qb)
Julius Jones (future pro bowler)
Dan Campbell (one of the best blocking tight ends in the nfl)
Marco Rivera (pro bowl guard)
Jacob Rogers (2nd round draft pick)
Terry Glenn (Was on pace for over 1200 yards last year)
Quincy Morgan (More familiar with our system now)
Patrick Crayton (Potential, only played a few games)
Anthony Thomas (two 1000 yard rushing seasons with the bears)
Marion Barber (4th round draft pick)

Aaron Glenn
Anthony Henry
Jason Ferguson
Marcus Spears
DeMarcus Ware
Chris Canty
Kevin Burnett
"Potentially a FS through trade"

We have a completely new team, and if it stays healthy, and gels quickly enough we will be the 2005 Chargers/Steelers

P.S. our depth is serious

and thats what i tihnk people forget, we had injuries from our starters in alot of places, and then you add in the fact that alot of the rookies and first year plaers are now more used to our system, plus the guys we've added, our team was 7-9 8-8 last year, without the injuries it's now 10-6 11-5 with the players back plus FA and draft

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Sexy Football Goddess said:
Are you serious? LOL @ sprinkler lips

has Clayton ever played football,I think not.He reminds me of the baby chicken Eggbert from Bugs Bunny cartoons.