News: Cowboys move into new, over-the-top, $1.5 billion practice facility

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys move into new, over-the-top, $1.5 billion practice facility
Shalise Manza Young,Shutdown Corner19 hours ago

• 8f569f3c2cb69c10147b3c2ad30de9fe
    The Star features the Cowboys’ offices, two outdoor practice fields and a 12,000-seat indoor stadium. (AP)
    It’s Texas, it’s the Dallas Cowboys, it’s Jerry Jones. So of course we expect it to be over-the-top. But a $1.5 billion practice facility (we talkin’ bout practice!) seems a bit much, even for Jerruh.

• But that’s exactly what the team has now, and the Cowboys officially moved into the facility – known as The Star – on Thursday.

• The Cowboys packed up their headquarters in Irving, the iconic Valley Ranch, last month, after calling it home for over 30 years. They broke ground on The Star, about 20 miles away in Frisco, two years ago. The team website for the complex touts it as “an experience for fans worldwide” (emphasis theirs), a partnership between the franchise, city, and the Frisco school district.

The Star features two outdoor practice fields, a 12,000-seat indoor stadium that the city’s high school teams will use, a franchise hall of fame, and an entertainment area with shops, restaurants and a hotel...

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Cowboys move into new, over-the-top, $1.5 billion practice facility

• The Cowboys packed up their headquarters in Irving, the iconic Valley Ranch, last month, after calling it home for over 30 years. They broke ground on The Star, about 20 miles away in Frisco, two years ago. The team website for the complex touts it as “an experience for fans worldwide” (emphasis theirs), a partnership between the franchise, city, and the Frisco school district.

The Star features two outdoor practice fields, a 12,000-seat indoor stadium that the city’s high school teams will use, a franchise hall of fame, and an entertainment area with shops, restaurants and a hotel...

All for a small entrance fee price.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Cowboys under Tex Schramm and Tom Landry, owner Clint Murchinson built the new facilities at Valley Ranch, it was called....state of the art.....
But under Jerry, it's called...over the top....
This writer should be fired......no wonder yahoo has been sucking......

erod

Reaction score
The facility is 45 miles from the stadium. More than an hour of drive time in traffic. Odd choice for a location.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The facility is 45 miles from the stadium. More than an hour of drive time in traffic. Odd choice for a location.

I don't think the distance is an issue. It's not like the team will travel from one to the other on a regular basis, if even at all.
With the indoor practice facilities, they won't need to move practice in case of bad weather.
They don't report there, then travel to the stadium on game day.

But I bet for a little while, there will be players late for meetings and practices.....LOL....further drive and traffic depending where the players live. But there are major highways to get there.

erod

Reaction score
I don't think the distance is an issue. It's not like the team will travel from one to the other on a regular basis, if even at all.
With the indoor practice facilities, they won't need to move practice in case of bad weather.
They don't report there, then travel to the stadium on game day.

But I bet for a little while, there will be players late for meetings and practices.....LOL....further drive and traffic depending where the players live. But there are major highways to get there.

I suspect players will move to the very nice Frisco area. Then again, that ain't where the party is. That means long drunk rides home from the club.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect players will move to the very nice Frisco area. Then again, that ain't where the party is. That means long drunk rides home from the club.

Jerry needs to invest in a party bus...lol...actually I think they have a limo service on call. It just depends if the players choose to use it, or call it.

erod

Reaction score
Jerry needs to invest in a party bus...lol...actually I think they have a limo service on call. It just depends if the players choose to use it, or call it.

They do, but they don't use it.

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
Exactly. What grown, drunk, man is going to call papa Jerry's limo service to come save him?

Mactin

Reaction score
As long as the practice facility improves the team I'm fine with this.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Seems like an odd choice.....it is twice as far as VR from Arlington in the other direction

Where do most of the Cowboys and the Jones' live if they are year round?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Seems like an odd choice.....it is twice as far as VR from Arlington in the other direction

Since the distance really doesn't matter...but the quality of both are the point. I guess it cuts down on terrorist's ability to cut down even more people, today...think?

erod

Reaction score

Jerry lives in Dallas. Most players live north of Dallas, Southlake/Colleyville/Keller, or any of the cities on the north side of the metroplex. Dez still lives in Desoto for some odd reason.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry lives in Dallas. Most players live north of Dallas, Southlake/Colleyville/Keller, or any of the cities on the north side of the metroplex. Dez still lives in Desoto for some odd reason.

Because Dez is odd.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Ultimately Jerry is going to have to learn that $$, media popularity and state of the art facilities don't necessarily add up to Super Bowl wins.
It's his team and his $$ and his prerogative to dress the team up. He'll keep winning awards for franchise worth and popularity...etc. however it takes a very effective football coach, an extraordinary front office of talent evaluators and a little bit of luck to consistently compete for championships. Hope he eventually sees that side of the coin.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I forget and or I'm confused. Is training camp there now that the Rams took out old spot? If not why?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I forget and or I'm confused. Is training camp there now that the Rams took out old spot? If not why?

Dallas is still going to Oxnard, CA this year for 3 weeks

When they come back they will use the Star....future camps are up in the air