Cowboys musings

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
It's been a fun year.

Sam Williams and Damone Clark might become superstars and if they do then this defense could become a dynasty comparable to the 80's Bears defense.

OBJ - I would try it. 3 years 33 mil with 18 guaranteed would be my offer.

OSA , Gallimore and Hankins might be the keys to winning on the road in the post season.

It's early for draft talk but RB, CB, DT, and OG would be positions of interest to me. Maybe even use an early pick on a QB in anticipation of Daks demands in a couple of years.

This team suddenly is deep at a lot of positions.

If Dan Quinn leaves next year we should hire his clone.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's been a fun year.

Sam Williams and Damone Clark might become superstars and if they do then this defense could become a dynasty comparable to the 80's Bears defense.

OSA , Gallimore and Hankins might be the keys to winning on the road in the post season.

It's early for draft talk but RB, CB, DT, and OG would be positions of interest to me. Maybe even use an early pick on a QB in anticipation of Daks demands in a couple of years.

I believe the bigger issue against the run is the DE's lack of outside containment. Teams are taking advantage of our over agressiveness. Up the middle is important, but think Hankins will really help shore up that area.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I’m not giving OBJ more than a 1 year deal coming off another big injury

The key point is another BIG knee injury to the same knee... tore the same ACL twice....IF...and only IF the knee has healed and he is 100%... No more than a 2yr deal at most.....cant trust an ACL that was torn twice....

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am going to say it OBJ is all hype. He made a few plays in the playoffs because teams were scared of Cooper Kupp. OBJ supposedly wants a Gallup contract coming off two ACLs in two seasons. San Francisco can have him. I am telling everyone the offense is fine without him. Let the tight ends develop and give Tolbert/Brown/Washington a chance.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's been a fun year.

Could you imagine Wilson clark and Parsons old being the same quality

Flamma

Reaction score
The key point is another BIG knee injury to the same knee... tore the same ACL twice....IF...and only IF the knee has healed and he is 100%... No more than a 2yr deal at most.....cant trust an ACL that was torn twice....

You can give multiple year contracts without guaranteeing more than 1 year. The Steelers used to do the all the time. With many of their players, the signing bonus was the only guarantee.

Jipper

Reaction score
3 years 33 mil for a player that's not even medically cleared? I'll have one of whatever you are drinking....this madden nor is it monopoly

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I am going to say it OBJ is all hype. He made a few plays in the playoffs because teams were scared of Cooper Kupp. OBJ supposedly wants a Gallup contract coming off two ACLs in two seasons. San Francisco can have him. I am telling everyone the offense is fine without him. Let the tight ends develop and give Tolbert/Brown/Washington a chance.
This. Thinking he made all the impact is just ridiculous. Good example why stats don't tell the whole story.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This. Thinking he made all the impact is just ridiculous. Good example why stats don't tell the whole story.
OBJ has lots of buddies in the media from his days with the Giants. I don’t think any team is offering a multi year contract and that is why he is waiting to sign. OBJ is trying to drum up competition. The reality he is 30 years old coming off two ACL injuries and has not been a difference make since the Giant days. I bet OBJ and his buddies are trying to influence Jerrah to over pay. For once I want Stephen to step in.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's been a fun year.

I would structure OBJ contract for a one year rental. so we can get out of it easily if need be.