Cowboys need to go after free agent WR Will Fuller instead of OBJ

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Odell Beckham Jr has shown his true colors. Today, after the Cowboys owner and players have been voicing their support on social media for OBJ to join them, Odell Beckham Jr came out and said he is going to wait to make a decision to see which team in need has a better chance of reaching the Super Bowl. Same old drama-queen OBJ looking out only for himself over any team or players. Still the same headache he's ever been, and he's coming off a torn ACL, has slowed down with age, still carries the drama while he wants to get paid but only for a SB most capable team.

The Dallas Cowboys need to look elsewhere for a player who isn't so selfish, full of drama and who is healthy and able to help the team right now. Look no further than Texans' ex-WR, Will Fuller.

6'0", 178 lbs, 4.33 40 time, 28 years old and a free agent.

Will Fuller would be able to help the Cowboys right now if he's in shape, would cost less to sign and would not bring the drama OBJ does.

What say you?

:popcorn:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Odell Beckham Jr has shown his true colors. Today, after the Cowboys owner and players have been voicing their support on social media for OBJ to join them, Odell Beckham Jr came out and said he is going to wait to make a decision to see which team in need has a better chance of reaching the Super Bowl. Same old drama-queen OBJ looking out only for himself over any team or players. Still the same headache he's ever been, and he's coming off a torn ACL, has slowed down with age, still carries the drama while he wants to get paid but only for a SB most capable team.

The Dallas Cowboys need to look elsewhere for a player who isn't so selfish, full of drama and who is healthy and able to help the team right now. Look no further than Texans' ex-WR, Will Fuller.

6'0", 178 lbs, 4.33 40 time, 28 years old and a free agent.

Will Fuller would be able to help the Cowboys right now if he's in shape, would cost less to sign and would not bring the drama OBJ does.

What say you?

:popcorn:

He's not only a 28 year old free agent but he's also retired. Will is done.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's not only a 28 year old free agent but he's also retired. Will is done.
Just last month, exactly a month ago on October 8, 2022, Bleacher Report posted a list of still available free agent players. OBJ was the first one listed. Will Fuller was next.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....nts-who-can-still-impact-2022-season.amp.html

There are other sources that list him as a free agent and not retired. Hope the Cowboys reach out to him and confirm either way.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Brought this up a few days ago.

Is Fuller retired? Officially? NFL.com says "yes." But then again, how odd is it that one of the top free agent receivers out there would be serious about being retired w/o any.... any... NFL reporter having written or broadcast that story?

I think it's a Tom Brady situation, I really do. He's on the fence. Clearly he had some reason to go ahead and file the paperwork. But will he be back anyhow? I mean, what's his true health status? Are there other intervening issues with him that aren't physical? No one's said.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It seems the only ones interested in Will Fuller over Beckham are some fans. Don't hear Fuller's name in NFL circles, but several teams seem interested in Beckham. Maybe there's a reason for that.

Not saying I have any idea how either would turn out, just that there's no buzz about Fuller and hasn't been since he was released, to my knowledge at least. Certainly not like we've heard about Beckham.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’d rather just get James Washington healthy or play Tolbert.

Tolbert has done pretty much nothing for us. You might not like OBJ, and that's fine, but if you think Tolbert is a better option at this point, I have to question your football IQ. Hopefully, he'll get to where he's a good third option, but he's not there yet.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Everyone makes very good points. Thanks for your opinions and educated points.

I wonder if Jerry and our Front Office might consider reaching out to Will Fuller through his agent and have a talk just to see what might transpire? I like OBJ's talent, even if it has clearly diminished with age, but I question his physical readiness coming off a major ACL surgery early this year and also his old selfish ways coming to light recently.

If Jerry and the Cowboys could talk with Fuller, maybe something could transpire from it? Clearly, OBJ doesn't have the Cowboys as his first choice as to whom to go play for the rest of this season, including playoffs. I hate seeing our whole team beg a primadona like OBJ for his services when he clearly doesn't appreciate it. Screw him. If no one else is available, we will have to make do with who we have.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Think Stephen's interview on 103.5 this evening pretty much put the kabash on any non-OBJ talk. The last question posed asked if there were any other free agents being pursued, and Stephen said, other than perhaps some practice squad guys and OBJ, no.

So there's that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tolbert has done pretty much nothing for us. You might not like OBJ, and that's fine, but if you think Tolbert is a better option at this point, I have to question your football IQ. Hopefully, he'll get to where he's a good third option, but he's not there yet.

I was speaking about Will Fuller.