Cowboys news: Ezekiel Elliott is dominating OTAs thus far

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If the offensive line has the same injury woes he'll look like the same back.

The OL was not the problem last year. Knight and Steele were more than adequate. I expect them to get better. Not worried at all if Tyron or Collins gets hurt. Center could be the Achilles' Heel when it comes to injury, though.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For as quickly as Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott raced out of the gates to stardom early in his career, he has taken a bit of a step back in recent years. The 2020 season was perhaps the toughest season for Elliott in his career. But on Saturday, Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore shared his excitement for a new and improved Elliott in 2021.

“Zeke’s had an awesome offseason. He’s looked great out there, he’s got total command of the whole thing. It’s been great,” Moore said. “…I think he looks really, really good out there. I mean just fast, crisp, in and out of things. He, you know, looks really good and we’re excited.”

During the press conference, Moore was asked about using Elliott in a receiver role to help him be even more impactful to the Cowboys’ offense. In his five-year career, Elliott has caught an average of 48.2 passes per season for an average of 391.4 yards and two touchdowns per season. Moore admitted that having players able to step into different positions on the field will be beneficial as he tries to build a threatening offense to opposing defenses.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...s-ezekiel-elliott-is-dominating-otas-thus-far
Underware Olympics don't mean much
Let's see what happens in pads

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's hope so, because the Cowboys have not made the playoffs since Zeke joined the league unless he rushed for AT LEAST 1,400 yards and won the rushing title.

This is like saying...The Cowboys did not make the playoffs since I sold my PSL's, unless they did make it. :lmao:
Stupid made up stat category, do you work for BSPN. :espn:
Like when they created stat category's about Romo in December about losing, but ignore the stats when winning.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, OTAs bring out the hater and homer in fans. Well, so do practices in camp, preseason games, and even games that count.

Tends to happen when people are passionate about something. Going to be a lot to comment on this year. Fun times ahead. Buckle up.

I may go unbuckled, take a chance. :laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Underware Olympics don't mean much
Let's see what happens in pads

I agree you need to show it during the season when it counts but crapping on a guy who is out there busting his butt and showing quickness and speed gets to be a bit much. Amazing around here is if it where a negative story many here would be all over it, something good and people will crap on it and competing to who can come up with the best negative spin. Really gets old. But hey that tend to be the nature of some. There are a lot of good reports coming out on various players and I agree in the end all that matters is what they do when the games count but myself I do like seeing camp reports and seeing guys put in the work and getting positive feed back from coaches.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is like saying...The Cowboys did not make the playoffs since I sold my PSL's, unless they did make it. :lmao:
Stupid made up stat category, do you work for BSPN. :espn:
Like when they created stat category's about Romo in December about losing, but ignore the stats when winning.
I'm just pointing out the fact that, until proven otherwise, our team goes as the RB goes.

Facts are facts. It don't matter if you like em or not.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just pointing out the fact that, until proven otherwise, our team goes as the RB goes.

Facts are facts. It don't matter if you like em or not.

OL health is a huge reason for RB success, as well an offense needs a respected passing game. We should be back to that this season.

I was just saying, that 1400 yards stat means nothing. What if he had 2000 yards that season, would you still make that comment?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OL was not the problem last year. Knight and Steele were more than adequate. I expect them to get better. Not worried at all if Tyron or Collins gets hurt. Center could be the Achilles' Heel when it comes to injury, though.

We got a live one on our hands here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care if everything said is positive coming out of OTA's, mini camp, even TC, as we get the TC stars, rather they make the team or just PS stars.
I am just glad there is football news as the season draws near.

NCAA on Saturdays, and NFL on Sundays, it gives a reason to be lazy on weekends. :lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your Mickey Spagnola is pretty awesome too.

Thanks. Sorry I pull for the team not against it. I would much rather see a guy looking good at the OTA and mini camps than hearing he looks sluggish, out of shape. These mini camps and OTA are not the tell all only the season can determine that but crapping on players who are out there putting in the work just seem pathetic

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zeke’s the bestest!!! Does that help?

Not really you show your true colors why change for me. You are what you are. I feel good about this team and feel if they can stay relatively healthy they can compete at a high level.