Cowboys news: Ezekiel Elliott is dominating OTAs thus far

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I just provide the numbers to back up my claims, that's all.

Oh, and you're welcome!

Numbers, you can have 1 good run and 5 bad runs that gain hardly nothing and have a good avg per carry. Add to that falling behind in games, not coming back by running the ball. I want to run but what I saw a lot of last season is a failure to run with any consistency often leaving us in poor down and distant situations

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not really you show your true colors why change for me. You are what you are. I feel good about this team and feel if they can stay relatively healthy they can compete at a high level.

Try harder please. You can do better. Be better.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Thanks. Sorry I pull for the team not against it. I would much rather see a guy looking good at the OTA and mini camps than hearing he looks sluggish, out of shape. These mini camps and OTA are not the tell all only the season can determine that but crapping on players who are out there putting in the work just seem pathetic
How am I pulling against them? You super duper fans crack me up. Zeke’s a proven idiot that has not won a damn thing in Dallas. That’s the truth. Sorry if that upsets you Super Fan.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How am I pulling against them? You super duper fans crack me up. Zeke’s a proven idiot that has not won a damn thing in Dallas. That’s the truth. Sorry if that upsets you Super Fan.

Not upset, I find it interesting that any negative report in OTA would be jumped on by the likes you of but any positive reports are just blown off. As for Zeke he has been one of the leading RB in the NFL since joining the Cowboys, he has not won a damn thing? nor has anyone else on this team

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Then table your accusations of me Super Fan.

Thank you, I am a fan I pull for the team and have nothing against those who provide constructive criticism and even welcome it, while we have member who do provide that others just insulting comments.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There are two ways to read that, Elliott is back where he was in 2016 or the run D is not any better than they were in 2020. In OTA's.

The O in OTA stands for Organized and real football is what happens when it isn't.

I am giving Elliott a pass for 2020. He lost his QB and too many key OL and he did not look like he was in the shape I have seen from him so far in 2021. I think he lost some confidence and so did Moore.

I will wait to see how he plays with the band back together but I am expecting a re-motivated Ezekiel Elliott.

I don't know that Moore has ever wanted to run the ball a lot with Zeke or anybody else. However I do believe Zeke made a necessary change in how he ran over the second half of the season. I think he prioritized hanging onto the ball like he had never done previously. This was necessary given the spate of fumbles in the first half of the season. He needed to make the mental adjustment to being hit in the backfield more and having more unblocked guys around him in general. He had spent the majority of his career secure in the knowledge that if he got to the second level the only people he had to worry about were backers and DBs. Now that the line was garbage the whole damn defense was getting shots at him from the minute he took the handoff. Sprinkle in a bout with Covid and the nagging injuries he fought through and you got a crappy year.. I am not expecting a repeat this season.. but if it does happen again he's probably done in Dallas.

chagus

Reaction score
Love hearing new like this. Go get em, Zeke! GO COWBOYS!!!!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seven pages of posts based based upon a fairly innocuous statement about Zeke. Let's be honest, any comment about a player's performance in OTA's must be taken with a huge grain of salt. Do we really expect any coach not named Parcel to suggest a player looks fat, slow and disengaged?

I would much rather hear a player looks crisp, fast and in shape than the converse.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seven pages of posts based based upon a fairly innocuous statement about Zeke. Let's be honest, any comment about a player's performance in OTA's must be taken with a huge grain of salt. Do we really expect any coach not named Parcel to suggest a player looks fat, slow and disengaged?
i\
I would much rather hear a player looks crisp, fast and in shape than the converse.
There's a few clips online.....Zeke definitely looks motivated.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Welcome to offseason..

Jarntt

Reaction score
We're 25-5 when Zeke has at least 100 yards rushing. That's very telling as to where this offense should place it's focus on between rushing and passing.
Seriously? That's completely overstating the value of getting 100 yards rushing. When teams are winning they run the ball. You are trying to portray that the 100 yards rushing is the cause of the win when in fact the winning is more likely (not always of course) the cause of the 100 yards rushing.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not upset, I find it interesting that any negative report in OTA would be jumped on by the likes you of but any positive reports are just blown off. As for Zeke he has been one of the leading RB in the NFL since joining the Cowboys, he has not won a damn thing? nor has anyone else on this team

“the likes of you...”

Come on Super Fan you can do better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dominating OTAs?
Isn't that like defeating giants posing as windmills? :huh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
“the likes of you...”

Come on Super Fan you can do better.

I don't need to do better, you being a critic seems to offend you all I can say is stop offending yourself. I'm not saying you are a hater, frankly I think very few here are but some are more or less critics and some of the critics we have are insightful in their views others just insulting

Jarntt

Reaction score
By the way, we are no longer in OTAs. It's now minicamp...:thumbup: