News: Cowboys Not Lacking Pro Bowl Level Talent

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, the well managed cap won't do it. Probowlers have to be paid. If you want to continuously have a team full of probowlers, you're going to have to knock almost every draft out of the park.

Let's see your numbers and paths for movements...

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's see your numbers and paths for movements...
Don't know what paths for movement mean.

I do know, however, that I have history on my side w/ our own team. Those weaknesses I've referred to have become more and more telling. They've caused us to lose or the team to fall apart every time. Why? Because this game is not about paying 6-8 guys the max. That method is what you are proposing, and it has been proven to not work countless times.

There are certain positions you have to pay, QB being #1, of course. However, this huge number of pro bowlers has not led to super bowls. Ask yourself why it hasn't.

I'm not a numbers cruncher. I'm a problem solver. Crunching numbers is not going to solve this. Figuring out our lack or success might.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't know what paths for movement mean.

I do know, however, that I have history on my side w/ our own team. Those weaknesses I've referred to have become more and more telling. They've caused us to lose or the team to fall apart every time. Why? Because this game is not about paying 6-8 guys the max. That method is what you are proposing, and it has been proven to not work countless times.

There are certain positions you have to pay, QB being #1, of course. However, this huge number of pro bowlers has not led to super bowls. Ask yourself why it hasn't.

I'm not a numbers cruncher. I'm a problem solver. Crunching numbers is not going to solve this. Figuring out our lack or success might.

You feign knowledge...but the killer is dead money and players that then sit upon the sidelines when receiving top shelf money. The market just doesn't expand cost because of demands made by privilege demanding athletes. Most teams in baseball don't last long with players being retained are in the $20+ million a year for extended contracts. I would assume that the NFL isn't free from a similar 'cap killer' despite assuming their self supporting 'blessed' perches.

There is a limit to top shelf and player costs...first. Stay around long enough with teams attempting to buy a championship.

There is a relief in a Cowboys managed cap...as they place money in long termed and top producing players. There contracts are no longer as abstract as in the past. The thing now, is in their attempts at improving the quality of depth through out the roster. Offensive line was the killer this past season. But there, give me a five year window for an entire offensive line and with those same Pro Bowlers at what ever their current market price...and I'll show you something very close to a dynasty.

Hid behind one's own sense of being enlightened as one wishes, but much better listening skills in a constructive discussion is beneficial.

If all one wishes to do is pat oneself on his back...just invest in a back scratcher instead.

kskboys

Reaction score
You feign knowledge...but the killer is dead money and players that then sit upon the sidelines when receiving top shelf money. The market just doesn't expand cost because of demands made by privilege demanding athletes. Most teams in baseball don't last long with players being retained are in the $20+ million a year for extended contracts. I would assume that the NFL isn't free from a similar 'cap killer' despite assuming their self supporting 'blessed' perches.

There is a limit to top shelf and player costs...first. Stay around long enough with teams attempting to buy a championship.

There is a relief in a Cowboys managed cap...as they place money in long termed and top producing players. There contracts are no longer as abstract as in the past. The thing now, is in their attempts at improving the quality of depth through out the roster. Offensive line was the killer this past season. But there, give me a five year window for an entire offensive line and with those same Pro Bowlers at what ever their current market price...and I'll show you something very close to a dynasty.

Hid behind one's own sense of being enlightened as one wishes, but much better listening skills in a constructive discussion is beneficial.

If all one wishes to do is pat oneself on his back...just invest in a back scratcher instead.
Feign knowledge? C'mooooooooon, can you have a conversation w/o throwing weak little insults? Just because someone doesn't agree w/ you doesn't mean they're making crapp up.

And the even funnier thing is that you replied to my post w/o even attempting to understand what I was saying. Seriously, dude, you should really think and analyze w/ much more effort before throwing pathetic insults around.

So, if you want to have an enlightened discussion, you're first going to have to call your proctologist as he's saying he found your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay94

Reaction score
Most of the players who get to the Pro Bowl are excellent players, is Zack Martin overrated? Of course not.

Being on the Pro Bowl is an individual honor, it may or may not have anything to do with playoff wins. It's a team sport, you can be All World at cornerback, e.g., but if the rest of your defense sucks, you aren't getting to the playoffs.

After a few years of making the pro bowl, last name means a lot more then play that season.

kskboys

Reaction score
After a few years of making the pro bowl, last name means a lot more then play that season.
Mike Jenkins was the 3rd alternate, and the guys ahead of him didn't want to play and opted out.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Pro Bowl talent is watered down by bad coaching and homerific voting...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Feign knowledge? C'mooooooooon, can you have a conversation w/o throwing weak little insults? Just because someone doesn't agree w/ you doesn't mean they're making crapp up.

And the even funnier thing is that you replied to my post w/o even attempting to understand what I was saying. Seriously, dude, you should really think and analyze w/ much more effort before throwing pathetic insults around.

So, if you want to have an enlightened discussion, you're first going to have to call your proctologist as he's saying he found your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one's I Q was three points higher, one could then be classified as sedimentary rock...pure ignore now, buddy.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nothing is perfect, no doubt some players are voted into the Pro Bowl based on past performance, but then there's an old saying that "you make the Pro Bowl the year after you deserve it". Meaning it takes more than one year to get recognized. Good example would be Chris Jones, how he didn't make the Pro Bowl is a head scratcher, especially considering how much his pinning teams deep and the little return yardage opposing teams got on the Cowboys kept them in games.

Barring a total collapse of the team or Jones himself, what do you want to bet he makes the Pro Bowl this year?