Cowboys Offensive = multiple problems

Kgb21

Reaction score
C’mon everyone and I mean everyone including the team from top to bottom. Dak can say all he wants - McCarthy can say all he wants - Kellen can say all he wants - good ol Jerry can say all he wants - they all can say it together. It doesn’t mean a damn thing. You could have played football for 4 years - 12 years - through college or a current professional player and know that it’s extremely obvious that the offense has serious problems from the head coach to play caller to quarterback. No zip - no lightning - no energy - just plain vanilla and definitely not fair to the defensive unit who have played their hearts out. 2 games in a row with 4 turnovers and the team can’t even get to 30 points and everyone says “a win is a win”. I call BS. It has been a pathetic and disappointing display and frankly seems to be getting worse. Is Dak not capable of throwing the ball farther than 10 yards? I sure as hell hope so because $40 million should buy a hell of a lot more than what the team and fans have been getting for the past weeks. God - I feel so bad for the defense but am extremely proud to watch their effort. If only the offense - especially the quarterback who thought he was worth top quarterback money would give half of the effort. Wouldn’t that be grand….

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
C’mon everyone and I mean everyone including the team from top to bottom. Dak can say all he wants - McCarthy can say all he wants - Kellen can say all he wants - good ol Jerry can say all he wants - they all can say it together. It doesn’t mean a damn thing. You could have played football for 4 years - 12 years - through college or a current professional player and know that it’s extremely obvious that the offense has serious problems from the head coach to play caller to quarterback. No zip - no lightning - no energy - just plain vanilla and definitely not fair to the defensive unit who have played their hearts out. 2 games in a row with 4 turnovers and the team can’t even get to 30 points and everyone says “a win is a win”. I call BS. It has been a pathetic and disappointing display and frankly seems to be getting worse. Is Dak not capable of throwing the ball farther than 10 yards? I sure as hell hope so because $40 million should buy a hell of a lot more than what the team and fans have been getting for the past weeks. God - I feel so bad for the defense but am extremely proud to watch their effort. If only the offense - especially the quarterback who thought he was worth top quarterback money would give half of the effort. Wouldn’t that be grand….
A win is a win. Road victories should always be a welcomed sight. Not many would have put us in the Super Bowl this year anyway.

Dallas with Troy went 11-5 a year before breaking through. Sometimes you have to build momentum from one year to the next.

It's kind of ironic that fans expectations have grown to a point where they begin to hate ugly victories.

Kgb21

Reaction score
A win is a win. Road victories should always be a welcomed sight. Not many would have put us in the Super Bowl this year anyway.

Dallas with Troy went 11-5 a year before breaking through. Sometimes you have to build momentum from one year to the next.

It's kind of ironic that fans expectations have grown to a point where they begin to hate ugly victories.

In my 40+ yrs of being a Cowboys fan my expectations have always been consistent with the team that was on the field that particular year - whether it be high when they had good teams or low when it was going to be a obvious rebuilding year. This year - this team has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. If anyone cannot see the obvious issues with the offense then they are not being honest with themselves especially when comparing the first third of the year to now. The line is getting older- Zeke is getting older(thank god for pollard) we have 3-4 receivers who could play on any team plus a very good tight end. The time is now since we finally have a championship caliber defense.

Kgb21

Reaction score
Why is this in the Members Zone?

I am assuming it is since I’m a member and posting as a 40+ yr Cowboys fan frustration at what he is seeing since the Atlanta game I was at in Dallas. Since then - the defense has remained great if not getting better each week while the offense continues to look weak, ineffective and vanilla with no real direction.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
In my 40+ yrs of being a Cowboys fan my expectations have always been consistent with the team that was on the field that particular year - whether it be high when they had good teams or low when it was going to be a obvious rebuilding year. This year - this team has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. If anyone cannot see the obvious issues with the offense then they are not being honest with themselves especially when comparing the first third of the year to now. The line is getting older- Zeke is getting older(thank god for pollard) we have 3-4 receivers who could play on any team plus a very good tight end. The time is now since we finally have a championship caliber defense.
We will have the same championship defense next year. Our chances will be better next year, if we revamp our offensive line and get rid of Kellen Moore.

Kgb21

Reaction score
We will have the same championship defense next year. Our chances will be better next year, if we revamp our offensive line and get rid of Kellen Moore.

I like the idea about Moore - however, you cannot squander opportunities like what could happen this year worrying about next year….

Kgb21

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan for 50+ and I’ll take a W any which way..good all around game by the offense and defense.

Go Cowboys!!
Once again - not about the “w” yesterday - more about concern moving forward. Yes the rushing game was a bit better yesterday but that was against a seriously handicapped defense. The passing game has serious issues and will not make it to a super bowl without a massive change of direction. After all we are looking for a Super Bowl victory or are we all just satisfied with a good season now ?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really don't see Moore as the problem. He's not perfect, but most of the plays that don't work are because of poor execution. Also, look at how many times you hear Dak yell, "KILL KILL!", followed by a stuffed run up the gut. You can't blame Moore for Dak changing the play, especially when the defense (like all of us) knows exactly what the play is going to be when he opts out of the called play.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I like the idea about Moore - however, you cannot squander opportunities like what could happen this year worrying about next year….
Um...I'm not squandering anything. I'm just programing my mind to think...if not this year then next year.

I really don't see Moore as the problem. He's not perfect, but most of the plays that don't work are because of poor execution. Also, look at how many times you hear Dak yell, "KILL KILL!", followed by a stuffed run up the gut. You can't blame Moore for Dak changing the play, especially when the defense (like all of us) knows exactly what the play is going to be when he opts out of the called play.
It's on the coordinator to set those kill plays you are speaking of.

@Kgb21 ___I just want a coordinator that will use Pollard similar to how the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill. Whether that be Moore or someone else. Pollard and his speed needs to be split out wide and used on jet sweeps. The way I see it, we need to start running misdirection plays with Pollard and Zeke on the field at the same time. Just to get our run game back on track. Because Dak doesn't do to well week in, week out without a strong rushing attack.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Once again - not about the “w” yesterday - more about concern moving forward. Yes the rushing game was a bit better yesterday but that was against a seriously handicapped defense. The passing game has serious issues and will not make it to a super bowl without a massive change of direction. After all we are looking for a Super Bowl victory or are we all just satisfied with a good season now ?

It hasn’t been determined just yet if this is a “good season”.

In the last several decades we’ve lost games we should have won so I’ll take a W any ole day ;) even if we look bad.

I don’t know how to fix the offense so I’ll let the pros make those decisions. Now if this was backyard football, I would suggest a couple of razzle dazzle plays.

Go Cowboys :flagwave:

Kgb21

Reaction score
Um...I'm not squandering anything. I'm just programing my mind to think...if not this year then

It's on the coordinator to set those kill plays you are speaking of.

@Kgb21 ___I just want a coordinator that will use Pollard similar to how the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill. Whether that be Moore or someone else. Pollard and his speed needs to be split out wide and used on jet sweeps. The way I see it, we need to start running misdirection plays with Pollard and Zeke on the field at the same time. Just to get our run game back on track. Because Dak doesn't do to well week in, week out without a strong rushing attack.

agreed - I would love to see both in there together- more misdirection - more deep outs and attacking the middle with more than just Shultz. We have the receiving corps to be dangerous and take big chunks but the past few games it has been frustrating to watch….let your playmakers make plays