Video: Cowboys official schedule release video - featuring players past and present, and Taylor Sheridan

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Corny. Especially compared to the Titans and Chargers schedule release videos...

JJ take notes.

I enjoyed Cowboys better than both of these but I mean you have to appreciate an organization who makes fun of how stupid their fans are lol. Should be fun for Tennessee…

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoyed Cowboys better than both of these but I mean you have to appreciate an organization who makes fun of how stupid their fans are lol. Should be fun for Tennessee…
The Titans video highly likely featured non-Titans/NFL fans they interviewed on Broadway in Nashville. These types of street interviews almost always edit out people who know answers to often very simple questions.

Toro9

Reaction score
Yeah they do, I watched a documentary on it about 5 years ago. It’s not entirely them, they do have an automation system, but they have thousands of calibrations they have to continually tweak to get it to be appropriate. It takes months to do it.

For instance, The Eagles can never play a home game at the same time the Phillies do, because they’re so close together the traffic in the area becomes unmanageable. You have to work that out for every single NBA team, every MLB team, prescheduled stadium events. West coast games always start at 4:15 EST earliest, primetime games set up for the better teams but limited number for each, Jets and Giants can’t have home games on the same day, Rams/Chargers same, appropriate considerations for before and after teams go overseas, sensitivity to non-nfl things like Jets getting a MNF game on 9/11, Cowboys not playing on Thanksgiving AND Christmas… one change to one game can have a cascade effect that takes days or weeks to iron out.

They basically have meetings constantly and the rest of the time they spend sitting in a room tweaking the system. They’ll go through hundreds of Schedule iterations until they find one everyone is happy with.
Yeah, I don't know why didn't consider that, about double scheduling. Good on ya

Jipper

Reaction score
Our video sucked compared to some of the other teams out there…jerry is so damn egotistical in it, just cringy to me honestly

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Titans video highly likely featured non-Titans/NFL fans they interviewed on Broadway in Nashville. These types of street interviews almost always edit out people who know answers to often very simple questions.
OH I know how they work. I've been to Nashville where it looks like they filmed its probably tourists they filmed. So yeah I know they probably weren't actual Titans or NFL fans....that's still what it represents IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OH I know how they work. I've been to Nashville where it looks like they filmed its probably tourists they filmed. So yeah I know they probably weren't actual Titans or NFL fans....that's still what it represents IMO.
The tweet literally says, "We asked people on Broadway to help us with our 2023 schedule release." The tweet does not say, "We asked Titans fans on Broadway to help us with our 2023 schedule release." So, the video represents Titans fans being interviewed about the schedule.

Okay.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I liked ours...kind of. Chargers one is certainly for a different generation.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Meh. Grabbed a big star in Sheridan, reeled in an A List brand in Yellowstone, and then did very little with it.

Kind of a microcosm of our last 27 years if you think about it