Signed by Cowboys Cowboys officially picked up hybrid DE Micah Parsons' fifth-year option for 2025

CWR

Reaction score
I don't follow. Why would an extension not be expected yet? Besides that, picking up his 5th year option has nothing to do with whether or not he gets an extension now.
Because duh, we're all in. All in on saving money and making stacks of cash. Leggo moneyboys!

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't follow. Why would an extension not be expected yet? Besides that, picking up his 5th year option has nothing to do with whether or not he gets an extension now.
Because we can't decide if we have a QB or not for next year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We have the cheapest owner in sports....I don't care what anyone says. I have been to that stadium....and have seen the price gouging first hand. It's sickening.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They can then tag him. Several times.

It’s a way to keep from paying big $$$ over several seasons.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he probably wants to be paid as an LB. LB gets paid more. "today on the podcast, how I got screwed out of millions. These billionaires throwing pennies at me" "Get your signed stupid tiny helmets at the airport"

Flamma

Reaction score
They can then tag him. Several times.

It’s a way to keep from paying big $$$ over several seasons.
I haven't seen Jerry do that with any player following the 5th year option. He had his chance to do that with Byron Jones, but he let him walk.

John813

Reaction score
I haven't seen Jerry do that with any player following the 5th year option. He had his chance to do that with Byron Jones, but he let him walk.

I don't think the team valued Jones enough to tag him.
He could "shut down" his side at times but had zero awareness for the ball. IIRC they made several indirect comments amount wanting more turnovers. Jones never provided that here or when he went to Miami.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
CD has earned it, he will be next.
He hasn't earned anything. So far he is nothing more than another regular season stat machine that gets dog walked by real men once the playoffs start. He is clearly a part of the leadership void. He is clearly focused on his brand and his money. Legacy requires lifting your teammates up to your level. Doing baby cry cry on the sidelines in the playoffs is not earning anything IMHO.

I like Lamb. I like him better than any of the other bums we have. I would be on board with trading everyone but him and starting over with him as a leader. I am feel like he could be that guy. Not under the current conditions though.

Flamma

Reaction score
Because we can't decide if we have a QB or not for next year.
I've been saying this from the get go, and I hope I'm wrong. They have every intention of signing Dak after the season. They are purposely keeping Dak's cap hit high so that they don't have to spend any money now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He hasn't earned anything. So far he is nothing more than another regular season stat machine that gets dog walked by real men once the playoffs start. He is clearly a part of the leadership void. He is clearly focused on his brand and his money. Legacy requires lifting your teammates up to your level. Doing baby cry cry on the sidelines in the playoffs is not earning anything IMHO.

I like Lamb. I like him better than any of the other bums we have. I would be on board with trading everyone but him and starting over with him as a leader. I am feel like he could be that guy. Not under the current conditions though.
Even in a rebuild you must retain your core, and CD is a core member.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Good move as no reason to rush with Mr. I only get sacks against terrible offlines and QB.

You mean the “terrible” QBs he has sacked like Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Matt Stafford, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurts?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I've been saying this from the get go, and I hope I'm wrong. They have every intention of signing Dak after the season. They are purposely keeping Dak's cap hit high so that they don't have to spend any money now.
That does not mean Dak has every intention of staying at that point.