Cowboys on 2020 college HOF ballot

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
With voters like Bob Ryan who have openly admitted to leaving guys from the Cowboys off to spite us I don't think the our 70s team will see guys in like it should. That team went to 5 super bowls in the decade. Losing three will keep Cliff,Howley, and LeRoy out who I feel are the most deserving and Drew Pearson.

I wish there was a way to change the voting process like how much do you trust journalist. There have been players who were not first ballot just cause the media didn’t like them or some players who went in more due to their popularity than their on field contributions.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
college-football-oklahoma-roy-williams-in-action-defense-vs-texas-qb-picture-id103565441.jpg

One of the best collegiate defenders of all time. And one of the most iconic collegiate defensive plays of all time.

Roy "Superman" Williams absolutely is a first ballot College Hall of Famer.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Now that Wittens playing again, it may be a while before another Cowboy gets in.
D-Ware retired before Wittens first retirement so he would of gotten in before him anyways (Ware will most likely be 1st ballot on the 2022 class)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Roy Williams was probably the most dominant defensive collegiate player I've ever watched, especially in the secondary.

But the pros..........not so much.
While he wasn’t as dominant in Pros he was Pro Bowl caliber initially. He just didn’t do as well in new defense and against the pass. Once Woodson was hurt he was moved to free safety which required more pass coverage which wasn’t his natural position.

He made Pro Bowl 3 times from 2002-2005.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With voters like Bob Ryan who have openly admitted to leaving guys from the Cowboys off to spite us I don't think the our 70s team will see guys in like it should. That team went to 5 super bowls in the decade. Losing three will keep Cliff,Howley, and LeRoy out who I feel are the most deserving and Drew Pearson.
You never know. The league inducts players often 40 or 50 years past retirement , sometimes posthumously.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
It is the dumbest thing to watch all those highlights of Roger Staubach and Danny White and seeing number 88 on the end of all those highlight passes and Drew Pearson is not in the Hall of Fame is why I do not watch the Hall of Fame ceremony or football game unless The Dallas Cowboys are involved. Because of Gil Brandt, I have to watch this year.

No Drew Pearson in the Hall of Fame is as dumb as Charles Haley having to wait all those years. The NFL Hall of Fame has no credibility with me like the Cowboys Ring of Honor. So lets discuss the real deal, the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor...I need Demarcus Ware, Cornell Green (the most decorated DB in Cowboys History), Everson Walls (Most years leading the NFL in interceptions with Ed Reed a Safety), Jason Witten (Everybody's All American), Bob Breunig (played in more playoff and Super Bowls that any Cowboys LB), and Harvey Martin (the only NFL Defensive Player of the Year in Cowboys History) in the Ring of Honor. After that you can sell me on Romo after you let in Danny White.

So I am more concerned who is not in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor versus the BS NFL Hall of Fake Fame.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m hoping a few old time Cowboys start going into Canton. Been pulling for Gil for awhile now he is in need to find my next person to pull for. I think all these guys have an argument and a few are way past due.

Chuck Howley
Charlie Waters
Lee Roy Jordan
Cliff Harris
Ralph Neely
George Andrie
John Niland
Everson Walls
Woody
Harvey Martin
Moose

Don’t have Ware on the list cause I think he will go in first time
Remember if a player isn’t inducted into their own Ring of Honor it’s unlikely they’d be considered for HOF.

After all if we don’t consider them one of our best then why would NFL?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is the dumbest thing to watch all those highlights of Roger Staubach and Danny White and seeing number 88 on the end of all those highlight passes and Drew Pearson is not in the Hall of Fame is why I do not watch the Hall of Fame ceremony or football game unless The Dallas Cowboys are involved. Because of Gil Brandt, I have to watch this year.

No Drew Pearson in the Hall of Fame is as dumb as Charles Haley having to wait all those years. The NFL Hall of Fame has no credibility with me like the Cowboys Ring of Honor. So lets discuss the real deal, the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor...I need Demarcus Ware, Cornell Green (the most decorated DB in Cowboys History), Everson Walls (Most years leading the NFL in interceptions with Ed Reed a Safety), Jason Witten (Everybody's All American), Bob Breunig (played in more playoff and Super Bowls that any Cowboys LB), and Harvey Martin (the only NFL Defensive Player of the Year in Cowboys History) in the Ring of Honor. After that you can sell me on Romo after you let in Danny White.

So I am more concerned who is not in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor versus the BS NFL Hall of Fake Fame.
But that’s what makes the HOF so special. Everyone doesn’t get in.

In now a 100 years of the league and inductions for about 50 years , only about 300 inductions. The best of the best.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Remember if a player isn’t inducted into their own Ring of Honor it’s unlikely they’d be considered for HOF.

After all if we don’t consider them one of our best then why would NFL?

Yeah would be nice to see Jerry honor a few of these guys. Howley Jordan and Harris are in the ROH and she be in HOF. I think the next player Jerry puts in will be Ware this year or next. Wouldn’t it be cool to see Ware and Harvey Martin go in the ROH together two of the best pass rushers to ever wear a star. Doubt they would go in HOF together but they both belong.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I’m hoping a few old time Cowboys start going into Canton. Been pulling for Gil for awhile now he is in need to find my next person to pull for. I think all these guys have an argument and a few are way past due.

Chuck Howley
Charlie Waters
Lee Roy Jordan
Cliff Harris
Ralph Neely
George Andrie
John Niland
Everson Walls
Woody
Harvey Martin
Moose

Don’t have Ware on the list cause I think he will go in first time
You never know, the Hall is bias against Cowboys players. Irvin didn't go first ballot and that's a tragedy.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
And that's wrong. Ray Lewis killed somebody, had he been in the Cowboys you think he goes first ballot?
First off there is no proof Ray killed that person if there was he would be in jail. Ray was also more well liked by the media than Irvin. I do agree it isn’t right cause they are only supposed to look at the on field part. Troy, Emmitt, and I think Larry Allen all went in first shot.