Cowboys on verge of locking up playoff birth: need to avoid injuries

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With 4 games left up 3 games in Wild Card the Cowboys can clinch playoffs Sunday with a win or several teams losing.

We are still in hunt for division of course and must continue playing hard hoping to get a higher than 5th seed.

But as the season goes especially we need to protect from any injuries which could compromise a strong push in the playoffs.

And if we were to lose a game falling a game back and basically 2 games back with tiebreakers vs Phil, there might come a time when we’d be more cautious possibly even resting anyone nursing an injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With 4 games left up 3 games in Wild Card the Cowboys can clinch playoffs Sunday with a win or several teams losing.

We are still in hunt for division of course and must continue playing hard hoping to get a higher than 5th seed.

But as the season goes especially we need to protect from any injuries which could compromise a strong push in the playoffs.

And if we were to lose a game falling a game back and basically 2 games back with tiebreakers vs Phil, there might come a time when we’d be more cautious possibly even resting anyone nursing an injury.
Yeah I don't agree. I never play in fear of injuries. Especially since Mike McCarthy has shown he can win without starters at times. Go out there beat *** and sit your players in the 4th quarter of games...probably unrealistic with the teams coming up but yeah the playoffs started against Seattle IMO. TIme to just keep winning.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The way the Giants are playing they could beat them, also the Seahawks in Seattle is no easy task
I'm not gonna get my hopes up but I mean one thing for sure is they can move the ball on that defense. Can their defenses stop the Eagles? I don't think so. Seattle maybe if Witherspoon can play.

But ultimately Eagles can win out. That's fine. I at least want the Cowboys to push them and not allow them to sit guys out. They want to clinch as soon as possible and give Hurts some time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed with this part. I also think there's value in not taking extra time off when you're rolling.

That said, they should rest basically everybody week 18 if they're not playing for anything lol
I mean yeah i'm not against a half or a quarter just to keep momentum going but yeah week 18 I can understand. But yeah when you're in a zone you do your best to stay in that zone.