Cowboys opponents are 2nd most penalized

Brax

Reaction score
My answer is call the plays equally on both teams…..
Like the original OP pointed out it looks pretty balanced in penalties, you want selective penalties all called in Dallas's favor, penalties are a result of poor coaching when a team is one of the most penalized, that's McDummy coaching on display.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Like the original OP pointed out it looks pretty balanced in penalties, you want selective penalties all called in Dallas's favor, penalties are a result of poor coaching when a team is one of the most penalized, that's McDummy coaching on display.
No it’s not balanced. If you call both teams 10 penalties but you only call one teams penalties after every big play or when they gain momentum….that’s not balanced.

CWR

Reaction score
Remember 2 or 3 years ago when the Cowboys opponents almost never got called for offensive holding? Through 15 games, the Cowboys opponents have the most offensive holding calls. It seems having better linemen (not to mention Micah Parsons) causes your opponent to hold more often. Go figure.

We were leading the league in pressure that year. Not sure you can blame the Dline.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great post. Losers blame the refs so I agree that it is typically a wash. I’m sick of fans blaming the refs for our teams shortcomings.
Conspiracy theories are always easier than accountability. Like the Dez catch call (which was a terrible call) too many fans forget in that game, there were nearly 5 min left in that game to stop a one legged Rodgers and our D couldn’t do it.

Last night our defense had 4 min and change to stop the Cards and get the ball back. Arizona said “hold my beer” and converted two key third downs and ran out the clock. Yes, the refs blew that fumble call but if we hadn’t blown a timeout earlier, we could have challenged it.

Did the refs force us to drop 3 passes? Did the refs make Greg “Lou” Zuerleine miss that FG? Did the refs make Dak fumble in the 4th qtr? Did the refs make the Cowboys D miss Kyler Murray on three 3rd and long conversions? Did the refs make the Cards convert on that fake punt? This could go on and on.

NFL officiating isn’t very good. BUT….Why is it hard to admit we got beat?

Brax

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories are always easier than accountability. Like the Dez catch call (which was a terrible call) too many fans forget in that game, there were nearly 5 min left in that game to stop a one legged Rodgers and our D couldn’t do it.

Last night our defense had 4 min and change to stop the Cards and get the ball back. Arizona said “hold my beer” and converted two key third downs and ran out the clock. Yes, the refs blew that fumble call but if we hadn’t blown a timeout earlier, we could have challenged it.

Did the refs force us to drop 3 passes? Did the refs make Greg “Lou” Zuerleine miss that FG? Did the refs make Dak fumble in the 4th qtr? Did the refs make the Cowboys D miss Kyler Murray on three 3rd and long conversions? Did the refs make the Cards convert on that fake punt? This could go on and on.

If you look at the non-fumble call it was correct a head in contact with the ground is down by contact, you are correct Dallas blew it not the ref's, it does get tired blaming everything else but the poor play.

ArtClink

Reaction score

This.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I see Marcus Mosher is spreading to disinformation because he knows his audience will eat it up. Opponent penalties per game in the 2021 season:

1st - Pittsburgh, 7.6 opponent penalties per game
2nd - Dallas, 7.4 opponent penalties per game

NFL Team Opponent Penalties per Game

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowboys opponents have the second most penalties, third most penalty yards, and the most offensive holding calls in the NFL this season.

But the thread with the misleading title will end up with 20 pages while this one dies. :muttley: