Cowboys Pick Bollinger Over Simms Is Laughable..

Reaction score
Now let me start off by saying that I am not a Chris Simms fan but there is no way that the Cowboys can even think of taken Bollinger over Simms. Well, they actually did.

I think this was a mistake! The bottom line is Bollinger isn't an NFL QB and never really showed any upside in any time he played.

At least with Simms he was drafted in the first day of the draft. When Simms played, even though limited, he showed upside.

In the end, I think the Cowboys organization and fans alike will be regreeting the fact that Jerry Jones once again has made a made move.

Taking Bollinger over Simms is laughable. Even funnier is that Jerry Jones took Bollinger over anybody else is just plain stupid! :lmao2: :banghead:

superpunk

Reaction score
Jerry Jones deferred to his "football man" on this one, sonny.

Jason Garrett made the call for Brooks.

Jerry just pulled the trigger.

You saw Chris Simms on TV, didn't you. :eek:

QT

Reaction score
Alot of things the Cowboys do is laughable....

Reaction score
superpunk;2380488 said:
Jerry Jones deferred to his "football man" on this one, sonny.

Jason Garrett made the call for Brooks.

Jerry just pulled the trigger.

You saw Chris Simms on TV, didn't you. :eek:

If that is the case, I have even more questions about Garrett's ability as an offensive guru and potential as a head coach. :bang2:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Simms' arm is shot ... and his arm was all he had going for him. His mechanics and arm strength have been jacked up ever since his emergency spleen surgery two years ago.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Are we talking about the 3rd string QB? Dallas went through last season with only 2 QBs on the roster. They did very well with only 2 QBs. So by that reasoning having only two is better than having Chris Simms as the #3 guy. Most teams don't have to use their #3 QB. The teams that do are generally not playoff teams.

The only reason Chris Simms was even signed by the Titans was because Vince Young got injured. Had Young not been hurt in that first game there is a very good chance that Simms would still be unsigned. Seems odd for someone who is supposed to be such a great choice.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2380483 said:
Now let me start off by saying that I am not a Chris Simms fan but there is no way that the Cowboys can even think of taken Bollinger over Simms. Well, they actually did.

I think this was a mistake! The bottom line is Bollinger isn't an NFL QB and never really showed any upside in any time he played.

At least with Simms he was drafted in the first day of the draft. When Simms played, even though limited, he showed upside.

In the end, I think the Cowboys organization and fans alike will be regreeting the fact that Jerry Jones once again has made a made move.

Taking Bollinger over Simms is laughable. Even funnier is that Jerry Jones took Bollinger over anybody else is just plain stupid! :lmao2: :banghead:

Just because you like a player over another doesn't mean he is the best guy. Even though I agree with you, Simms is better than Bollinger. Based on what I seen also. But then again i'm not the expert to judge this. However, i always thought simms was overrated, only because his name is Simms.
Also Simms wanted to be paid like a starter. Not going to happen. If he wanted less, then yes I think he may have been signed. Or considered a bit more strongly.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2380491 said:
It was about :money:

Yes Sir and Garrett had good things to say about Brooks as well. Money is good + OC likes the guy for 3rd string = Signing.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2380483 said:
At least with Simms he was drafted in the first day of the draft.

Yeahhhhhh because being drafted on the first day means your a SUPASTAR!

jman

Reaction score
At least with Simms he was drafted in the first day of the draft.

Yep, so was Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, and Heath Shuler. What is you'r point?

In the end, I think the Cowboys organization and fans alike will be regreeting the fact that Jerry Jones once again has made a made [bad?] move.

On the advice of Jason Garrett.

Taking Bollinger over Simms is laughable.

So, where is SImms these days? Really, I don;t know. Is he playing at all?

Reaction score
jazzcat22;2380568 said:
Just because you like a player over another doesn't mean he is the best guy. Even though I agree with you, Simms is better than Bollinger. Based on what I seen also. But then again i'm not the expert to judge this. However, i always thought simms was overrated, only because his name is Simms.
Also Simms wanted to be paid like a starter. Not going to happen. If he wanted less, then yes I think he may have been signed. Or considered a bit more strongly.

I am with you. Like I said, I am not a Simms fan but I think the Cowboys could of did a better job of picking a QB.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;2380535 said:
Are we talking about the 3rd string QB? Dallas went through last season with only 2 QBs on the roster. They did very well with only 2 QBs.

The reason they did very well was because they only needed one QB last year.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2380600 said:
No! It's the whole picture you need to look at.

Dude, the guy just came back from a SPINAL injury. Thats pretty serious if you ask me...