Cowboys Pick Bollinger Over Simms Is Laughable..

Reaction score
ajk23az;2380613 said:
Dude, the guy just came back from a SPINAL injury. Thats pretty serious if you ask me...

Come on! It's just a spinal injury. These guys get paid Millions. LOL! :sarcasm:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2380483 said:
Now let me start off by saying that I am not a Chris Simms fan but there is no way that the Cowboys can even think of taken Bollinger over Simms. Well, they actually did.

I think this was a mistake! The bottom line is Bollinger isn't an NFL QB and never really showed any upside in any time he played.

At least with Simms he was drafted in the first day of the draft. When Simms played, even though limited, he showed upside.

In the end, I think the Cowboys organization and fans alike will be regreeting the fact that Jerry Jones once again has made a made move.

Taking Bollinger over Simms is laughable. Even funnier is that Jerry Jones took Bollinger over anybody else is just plain stupid! :lmao2: :banghead:

We should have kept Matt Moore instead of Brad Johnson 2 years ago!!!
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Reaction score
THUMPER;2380726 said:

Yep! Once they knew that Romo was their future that is when they should of started to develop a QB just for this situation.

This reminds me of the Aikman years. When Aikman went down there was no suiteable QB to take over.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Gosh if once we get healthy as a team (as in the majority of our hurt players comeback) after the bye if our biggest concern is whether or not Jerry and Jason screwed up on who to make the third string QB for this team then I'll be a darn happy camper.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2380754 said:
Yep! Once they knew that Romo was their future that is when they should of started to develop a QB just for this situation.

This reminds me of the Aikman years. When Aikman went down there was no suiteable QB to take over.

I assume you mean on occassion because he had darn good back ups in Steve Berlien (I know I butchered that name), Bernie Kosar, and Jason Garrett for several of his years with Dallas.

So, no, I wouldn't agree at all that they didn't have suitable back ups when he was here. Even at the end of his run they had a guy like Randal Cunningham. He wasn't spectacular, by any means, but he was a capable back up.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2380769 said:
I assume you mean on occassion because he had darn good back ups in Steve Berlien (I know I butchered that name), Bernie Kosar, and Jason Garrett for several of his years with Dallas.

So, no, I wouldn't agree at all that they didn't have suitable back ups when he was here. Even at the end of his run they had a guy like Randal Cunningham. He wasn't spectacular, by any means, but he was a capable back up.

Sorry, let me make myself clear! At the end of Aiman's career, we didn't have a suiteable replacement. If I am not mistaken, Steve Berlien(Spelling), Garrett and Kosar were gone.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
At the end of his career the only guy I remember is Cunningham so that would be more accurate but doesn't relate to the current situation because Romo is no where near the end of his career.

I do agree with you on the principle that we definately need a better, more capable, back up than the ones we've got. That I won't argue.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2380791 said:
At the end of his career the only guy I remember is Cunningham so that would be more accurate but doesn't relate to the current situation because Romo is no where near the end of his career.

I do agree with you on the principle that we definately need a better, more capable, back up than the ones we've got. That I won't argue.

That is the point i was trying to make.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
to be fair chris simms has started more games then brooks bollinger but lets look at his career stats over bollingers.
So its really apples and oranges.

career stats
qb rating passing complete/atts yards percentage td int
chris sims
71.2 291/492 3,087 59.1% 12 17

brooks bollinger
75.2 201/343 2,155 58.6% 8 8

coblue

Reaction score
Thanks Blaze. I would have thought Simms numbers were better than that.

But, heres the thing, I believe he had gotten it before he got hurt and was on his way to being good - and if this staff and organization was trying to win on Sunday instead of trying not to lose, Brooks or Simms would have been starting.

Simms went to TN because he is behind an old man and a WR playing QB. He likes those odds of getting a fair shot if Fisher is as smart as many think - but I doubt Fisher is if he really thinks Young can be a franchise QB.

jblaze2004;2380930 said:
to be fair chris simms has started more games then brooks bollinger but lets look at his career stats over bollingers.
So its really apples and oranges.

career stats
qb rating passing complete/atts yards percentage td int
chris sims
71.2 291/492 3,087 59.1% 12 17

brooks bollinger
75.2 201/343 2,155 58.6% 8 8

joseephuss

Reaction score
THUMPER;2380726 said:

And if Romo got hurt last year Dallas would have a rookie QB trying to win games for them. That usually does not work out very well.

Dallas knew they had a playoff caliber team and wanted experience at the back up QB position. They could have kept Moore as the #3 guy, but very few teams are going to keep a rookie as the primary back up when they think they have a shot at going to the playoffs.

Even Carolina was not willing to have Moore as the #2 guy last year. The only reason Moore got playing time in Carolina was because both the starter and #2 guy got injured.

We can blame this all on Terry Glenn. If they don't keep his spot open then they could have kept Moore as the #3 guy. I blame Glenn for the Seattle playoff loss, so why not blame him for something else.

joseephuss

Reaction score
coblue;2381247 said:
Thanks Blaze. I would have thought Simms numbers were better than that.

But, heres the thing, I believe he had gotten it before he got hurt and was on his way to being good - and if this staff and organization was trying to win on Sunday instead of trying not to lose, Brooks or Simms would have been starting.

Simms went to TN because he is behind an old man and a WR playing QB. He likes those odds of getting a fair shot if Fisher is as smart as many think - but I doubt Fisher is if he really thinks Young can be a franchise QB.

I disagree. I don't think Simms ever "got it" before his injury. Those 3 games he played the year he got hurt were some of the worse of his career. His completion percentage(54.1%), yards per attempt(5.5), TD percentage(0.9%), INT percentage(6.6%) and QB rating(46.3) were all very bad.

MONT17

Reaction score
Get to the point! U wanna defend Jerry by saying Simms sucks! Try to defend Jerry by sayin Brooks is good enough to play ahead of Brad its only been 2 months and the guy is still 3rd string. Oh wait a minute! Like I always said if they don't play its for a reason. Brooks sucks but hey according to most so does Simms so all is well in Jerryland.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
At this point in our fall/winter of discontent, I'd even be happy with a mobile QB like Quincy.
Yeah, Quincy threw some ducks, but not on every play like Brad.
May, I never thought I'd see the day that I'd take Quincy over our backup.

Eddie

Reaction score
With this situation in mind, I think we can't ignore the b/u QB position next year. Not that they grow on trees, but I think it's important to start grooming someone who can step in for Romo.

joseephuss

Reaction score
LILLURCH;2381395 said:
Cowboys pick Brooks over Bartel is laughable.

Yes, because is stats in the pre-season against a bunch of 3rd and 4th stringers was just so inspiring.

43 completions
71 attempts
60.9%
404 yards
5.7 YPA
9.4 YPC
0 TDs
1 INTs
70.39 QB rating