Cowboys pick up Olawale’s second year option

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$1.7 million for a guy who basically sucks. I would use a 5th round draft pick on a RB who would cost almost nothing and would still be better than Olawale.

Actually he doesn't suck, the old staff were too stupid to use him correctly. :D

But it is a bit much to pay, but we will see. As for using a 5th on a RB just to save cap space is not the way to think about it either.
As would he really make the team at all?

Look at it this way, Olawale can actually be used as a RB if needed, and that 5th round pick can be used on defense, where that player will make more contributions than a RB at that point.

I am fine with this move.

Mr_437

Reaction score
They need a real FB for Zeke. Dak has plenty talented guys to throw to, but this offense doesn't have a good lead blocker for their $90M RB, to go with it's highest paid OL...:huh:

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Oh my gawd, what a waste of cap space! You can easily replace him for less $.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Good lord people.

It's non-guaranteed money. Literally no reason not to have a key ST contributor back to at least compete for a spot.

Has absolutely zero to do with us pursuing another FB.
Anyone who was a "key contributor" to last years special teams shouldnt be back at all.

He won't be making the team at that cost.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol.

He’s not a physical lead blocker.

The past coaching staff didn’t utilize his strengths as a runner and receiver (though Moore remains the OC).

Maybe McCarthy will make better use of him.

But he makes up for his bad blocking, by dropping passes!

fivetwos

Reaction score
In order for me to forget him not turning around on that 3rd down dump pass in Chicago he is going to have to do things he isnt capable of.

I dont recall him making a single play. At all. Ever.

No need to have a Garrett ERA type around as a spare part at inflated cost.

reddyuta

Reaction score
why? we barely use him anyway. not sure he will be used much in Mccarthys system either.

blueblood70

Reaction score

$1.7 million cap hit this year

the ghosts of the 8-8 team continue.. way too many non essential players being signed or put restrictions on like Olalwle and Rush? they want Heath back? lets actually bring in fresh players especially at under performing positions with new coaching staff, let tem have some of their choices..SMH rollig my eyes:rolleyes::eek:o_O

CWR

Reaction score
Lol.

He’s not a physical lead blocker.

The past coaching staff didn’t utilize his strengths as a runner and receiver (though Moore remains the OC).

Maybe McCarthy will make better use of him.

Yes before I am too critical of this move Id have to see if MM and staff actually use him this year. He was a waste under JG.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is exciting actually. MM loves using the fullback and this helps solve a need. The guy is dynamic in the passing game too. He will have a big year for us under MM.
why? we barely use him anyway. not sure he will be used much in Mccarthys system either.
Rayman70 is right. Revisit the way McCarthy used the FB at GB. Under Garrett it was like watching black and white TV. Those days are thankfully over.