Cowboys & Players that did not play College Football

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bob Lilly was a DE....Landry moved him inside to DT and the rest is glorious history.

plasticman

Reaction score
Cornell Green wasn't just a Cowboy player that never played college ball.

Green developed into a 1st team All Pro CB by his fifth season, a Pro Bowler by his 4th. By 1970 Green was a four time Pro Bowler, a three time 1st team All Pro at CB

In 1979 the Cowboys traded for Herb Adderly, future Hall of Fame CB. They had future Hall of Famer Mel Renfro playing the other CB, so they switched Green to strong safety.

At SS, Cornell Green was a two time Pro Bowler.

Green played 13 seasons for the Cowboys. He started every single game during the last 12 of those seasons. He played in both championship games against Green Bay as well as Super Bowls 5 & 6.

Again, never played college football.

This is another one of those guys that will never get his fair share of credit. This was due to the amount of Cowboy talent at the time in addition to the general animosity towards the franchise by other franchises and their media. This bias was real.

Cornell Greens accomplishments were just as worthy as the majority of Hall of Fame DB's

Kaiser

Reaction score
Side Note: This also reminds me of vivid memories I have of Bo Jackson breaking baseball bats. He often snapped them over his leg like twigs but sometimes he would put the bat over his head and pull down on each end to break the bat.

I know a guy that was on the Auburn baseball team with Bo who says every crazy story you have ever heard about him is true. He played 2B and said one time Bo cut off a ball at the CF wall. He got in position to take the relay throw from Bo - who threw flat footed from the CF wall to home plate on a line.