CFZ Cowboys playing their 67th playoff game Sunday- most in NFL history

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do those stats include the Super Bowl? I've always considered the Super Bowl the final playoff game, but I've seen other people say things like, "playoff games and then the Super Bowl" as if it's some kind of different, non-playoff game. It's the final game of elimination, so to me that's a playoff game. Therefore, I'm not sure if those stats above include the Super Bowl or not, but IMO they should.
Yes they include the 8 SB games the Cowboys have played.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is pretty impressive, but belongs to Jerry as well.
It does. But Jerry owns it all. He gets the credit for 12 wins of the 90s but also the 4-9 playoff record since. The problem for Jerry’s credit ledger is how long it’s been since the Cowboys did something big in the playoffs on his watch.

Which fair or not is what hangs over this franchise until that narrative changes. If Jerry was a normal GM for any other organization, he would have been fired years ago.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It does. But Jerry owns it all. He gets the credit for 12 wins of the 90s but also the 4-9 playoff record since. The problem for Jerry’s credit ledger is how long it’s been since the Cowboys did something big in the playoffs on his watch.

Which fair or not is what hangs over this franchise until that narrative changes. If Jerry was a normal GM for any other organization, he would have been fired years ago.
If the Cowboys can build a time of possession lead in the first half, control the game for at least 35 minutes total and come out of the break firing, there's no reason why they shouldn't be right back at home a week from Sunday playing for a Divisional Round win...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nick-at-nite-what-could-go-right-what-could-go-wrong

There is the current facts.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan