Twitter: Cowboys Postgame Quotables - 12/22/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon Carr ‏@BCarr39 4h
Today was a great win, but I'm already focusing on next week!
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 4h
Carr on Heath pick: ‘He finally popped his cherry, and it came at a good time.’
Carr, sick last week, said he felt cold during the game. ‘Had to put a jacket on. First long-sleeves game in a very long time.’

Keyshawn Johnson
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 4h
Keyshawn Johnson: Witten, Romo and Ware "are just guys that go to work, do what the coaches ask and just try to play their game."
Keyshawn Johnson: The #Cowboys "don't have that guy that can just grab everybody and get them going in the right direction."

Romo
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3h
Tony Romo on injuring his back: "It's completely in a different spot than the back stuff I had last year, so that's a good sign."
Tony Romo: "That felt like an elimination game for us. Guys kept having belief. ... We started our playoffs today for sure."
Tony Romo: "Today felt like the last two years. ... NFC East on the road, if you lose you're probably done. If you win, you stay alive."

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 54m
Romo: 'For us, it’s just you have to have a stronger belief in yourself than the doubt of other people. I think our football team has that.'

Hatcher
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 2h
Jason Hatcher on Tony Romo: "He's just a great QB. He put this team on his back and the defense was able to finish."

Dez
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 2h
Dez Bryant: "If I don't get nothing for Christmas, I'm alright. I'll tell you that right now. This is the greatest Christmas present."
Dez Bryant on #Cowboys' winning drive: "I don't think anybody was nervous, we just had to make a play. Tony was Houdini."

Witten
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 1h
Jason Witten on Tony Romo: "He's amazing, man. He fights. He has unbelievable will. He is determined. He's an elite quarterback."

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 58m
Witten: ‘That wasn’t how you draw it up when you are on the half-yard line. Unbelievable will by our team.’
Most significant win under Garrett? Witten: ‘Probably so. Under the circumstance, where you are at and where the game unfolded.’
Cowboys scored into same area of ill-fated end zone from 2010 game. Witten: ‘I try not to think about that. All positive thoughts.’
Witten on the highs and lows: ‘It’s exhausting, but you are living in the moment. Everybody trying to find a way to do a little bit more.’

Terrance Williams
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1h
TWill on the deep ball: ‘I had to pay attention and not do anything when I caught it. I didn't want to stiff arm and the ball to come loose.

Wilcox
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 3h
Wilcox on late hit: ‘I thought he was staying up. I don’t want to be the one to let him get up and score. You know, you live and learn.'
Wilcox says his late hit was an aggressive but foolish play: 'I'm a rookie. I live and learn' http://******/1icSiNL

Church
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 3h
Church said he felt something in his Achilles. Went in to retape and missed second-to-last series. ‘I said I ain’t messing with that again.’
Church on the Murray TD: ‘I wish it was the end of the game. I would have thrown my helmet in the air.’

Scandrick
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 4h
Scandrick said he didn't even want to talk about this game. 'I'm thinking about 7:30 Sunday.'
Scandrick said he took Garçon for last 'two or three series.'
Scandrick: ‘Coach said it all week: If you give them life, you guys are going to be in for a dogfight. And we gave them life.'
Scandrick switches with Carr on Pierre Garcon for fourth-quarter stop http://******/1icQDYz

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Scandrick is our #1 corner, hes certainly quicker than Carr. I look forward to Oscans match up against Jackson.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Scandrick saying "I'm only worried about 7:30" 4 hrs ago? Does that mean he already knew the game was going to be flexed?

Weird since it was just announced only 30 min ago.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scandrick saying "I'm only worried about 7:30" 4 hrs ago? Does that mean he already knew the game was going to be flexed?

Weird since it was just announced only 30 min ago.

They were speculating that on The Fan during the postgame. Wasn't sure if he meant the Bears-Eagles or next week.