Cowboys priorities are clear: offense will have to carry us

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It doesn't mean they'll be bad. Dak had to start in his rookie season. He took the team to a 13-3 record and into the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Not bad for a rookie that had to start.

Depends on how many they get most draft players dont do much their 1st year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn't mean they'll be bad. Dak had to start in his rookie season. He took the team to a 13-3 record and into the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Not bad for a rookie that had to start.
I agree. Definitely could be pretty good and relevant playoff contender .

But I thought the objective was higher. That we have been under achieving ?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Well, let's just cry about it! How pessimistic can you get?

Like I said they're building through the draft they have a whole new regime they're building to contend in a few years. Not crying about anything simply saying the draft is more for the future.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree. Definitely could be pretty good and relevant playoff contender .

But I thought the objective was higher. That we have been under achieving ?
We have been underachieving, no doubt. Now we have to wait and see how this team comes together and meshes with this new coaching staff before we can set expectations.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said they're building through the draft they have a whole new regime they're building to contend in a few years. Not crying about anything simply saying the draft is more for the future.
Let’s hope our recent high drafts picks on defense aren’t an example of what we’re counting on to make a difference.

I’d argue Jerry has built an entertaining roster offensively which appeals to fringe and fantasy fans with slobbering offensive numbers , weak defense and early out in playoffs .

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Let’s hope our recent high drafts picks on defense aren’t an example of what we’re counting on to make a difference.

I’d argue Jerry has built a entertaining roster which appeals to fringe and fantasy fans with slobbering offensive numbers , weak defense and early out in playoffs .

Dallas never has a defense except the last 2 years and 2007. The packers under McCarthy never had a defense is my worry.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's too early to have that opinion. You do not know how this team will come together or respond to the new coaching staff. I bet they do much better than you think.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have been underachieving, no doubt. Now we have to wait and see how this team comes together and meshes with this new coaching staff before we can set expectations.
I’m confused . We have brought in better coaching . Why wouldn’t our expectations already be set higher or at least as high as last year?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m confused . We have brought in better coaching . Why wouldn’t our expectations already be set higher or at least as high as last year?
We have a lot of holes that need to be filled. I think it will get done but I'm in a wait and see mode. I need to see the finished roster before I set any expectations. But the new coaching staff does give me hope.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have a lot of holes that need to be filled. I think it will get done but I'm in a wait and see mode. I need to see the finished roster before I set any expectations. But the new coaching staff does give me hope.
With the offense in tact I can’t imagine our expectations being less than last year especially with this coaching staff.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys have like 40 million in cap space and there are still a ton of good players left in free agency.

did I miss something?