Cowboys Purposely sabotaging McCarthy

Cebrin

Reaction score
Meh. I feel like if they wanted Mike gone he'd be gone. Jerry is soft, but not that soft.

To me this is much like the Dez situation. Amari openly said publicly last year that he was "open" and not getting the ball. Dez did the same thing. He was gone shortly after. The unfortunate comparison is that both were overpaid for their production at that point. Amari had less than 1,000 yards, and didn't take ownership at all. Hate Dak all you want but he owns his failure. So did Romo.

Old school guys don't like excuses. They like accountability, and results.

Run with that a mile or 20+ years. I get it. I won't argue about results with Dak, Romo, Dez, or Amari. I'm simply looking at things from the outside perspective. This is a theme....... So is losing lately...

Regarless, Amari made a cardinal sin in Jerry world. He complained he wasn't getting the ball, but never showed up in interviews about any of his shortcomings. He just vanished in games, and said nothing. I respect Jerry for ditching him honestly. We've all said at times he seems lazy against great competition (same with Dak), and then he gives up (Dak doesn't, he's just not as naturally gifted).

Personally I'm fine with Cooper gone. He's the polar opposite of Dez, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Dez was good for Romo because of how Romo played. Coop was good for Dak, because of his skillset that matched him. However, all good things come to an end. Much like with Dez.

Dallas needs a guy that has a bit of both to be Daks #1. Dog/Separation. Lamb is flashy, but not a dog. Fingers crossed we can get a guy like George Pickens in the draft. He's that guy. Stack 10-15 on him in a year or two and he'll have it all. Speculative for sure, but it's what I see. Or maybe I'm wrong about #88. Maybe he is that guy. He certainly has the talent.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well looking at this roster as of today......yikes.......Big Mike going to be heading back to his house in Wisconsin soon.

See ya big fella, its been real:thumbup:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So they can justify firing McCarthy then the next coach will be either Quinn or Payton and will suddenly have like 70 million in cap space. There’s no other explanation for this…tin foil hat time but it absolutely makes sense.
:muttley:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
They aren't sabotaging anyone. This is just a typical Cowboys offseason. Best case scenario with Dady & Son was always just overpaying our own and losing a couple key pieces while doing nothing to improve.

kskboys

Reaction score
So they can justify firing McCarthy then the next coach will be either Quinn or Payton and will suddenly have like 70 million in cap space. There’s no other explanation for this…tin foil hat time but it absolutely makes sense.
No, it really doesn't.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re assuming the Cowboys front office is capable of any kind of proactive strategic thinking. They’re not and we have 26 years of receipts to look at.

Here’s how this FO thinks first and foremost: “How can we sell our product”? Winning a SB is NOT the first line of thinking.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry could very well have one year left to win a Super Bowl. Time marches on.

Do you really believe he would squander this opportunity over who coaches the team the following year?

I'm pretty sure Jerry's "nightmare scenario" is the Cowboys winning the NFC championship game to get in the Super Bowl the following week and, during the celebration, he suddenly clutches his chest.
Bigger nightmare is if we win a super bowl and everyone declares it was in spite of him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Ah there's a couple of problems with that scenario.

One, Jerry hates losing, if for no other reason than he thinks, probably rightly so, that people will blame him for the losing. So sabotaging the team, and coach, which will pretty clearly result in losing games, would make Jerry very unhappy.

Two, Jerry ain't getting any younger. Apparently he had a health "issue" just recently. We don't know that that is, could have been an ulcer or heart murmur of even hemorrhoids. (I understand those can get pretty bad, ask George Brett) Doesn't have to be a serious thing, but could have been. Cutting good players by the bucketful (or letting them leave or just not willing to pay them what they want) and firing the head coach ain't no way to win SBs, at least in the short term.

No, what we're seeing is just more incompetence, different than before, but still incompetence...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
or they are finally getting it that you can't pay everybody top 5 money. It's about time they churned the freakin' roster. If their plan is as you say, the Jones Boys are far more incompetent than I thought and Vince Lombardi wouldn't even be able to save us.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Jerry's 80 years old and even he knows he's going to die someday. He doesn't need to "justify" firing a coach (and paying him anyway) by throwing away a season.

The stuff folks tell themselves to rationalize front office incompetence that has been going on for years. :rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
Ah there's a couple of problems with that scenario.

One, Jerry hates losing, if for no other reason than he thinks, probably rightly so, that people will blame him for the losing. So sabotaging the team, and coach, which will pretty clearly result in losing games, would make Jerry very unhappy.

Two, Jerry ain't getting any younger. Apparently he had a health "issue" just recently. We don't know that that is, could have been an ulcer or heart murmur of even hemorrhoids. (I understand those can get pretty bad, ask George Brett) Doesn't have to be a serious thing, but could have been. Cutting good players by the bucketful (or letting them leave or just not willing to pay them what they want) and firing the head coach ain't no way to win SBs, at least in the short term.

No, what we're seeing is just more incompetence, different than before, but still incompetence...
Or VD.