Recap: Cowboys-Raiders Joint Practice Tweetcap - 08/12/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jordan Ross‏@TheJordanRoss 2h
Cowboys WR's starting 1-on-1's with Raiders DB's. This should be fun.
Devin Street, Jamar Newsome and LaRon Byrd all have receptions in 1-on-1's.
Romo just threw a deep pass to Dez who had it in his hands but got it knocked away by the Raiders defender.
Devin Street and Jamar Newsome are doing a nice job in 1-on-1's. Both of them are 2-for-2 so far.
Raiders fans are talking a lot of trash to the Cowboys WR's as they go through 1-on-1's.
DE Ken Boatright is showing some flashes. Just had a would-be sack on Matt Schaub.
Ryan Williams and Lance Dunbar have both had some big runs against the Raiders D. The O-line is opening up big holes.
Dez Bryant making some really nice catches during team drills.
Rolando McClain welcomed his former team to Oxnard by slamming one of the Raiders RB's to the ground during team drills.
After a rough practice on Sunday, Chris Boyd is making some plays against the Raiders. Just caught a deep TD pass from Weeden in 1-on-1's.
Anthony Spencer is doing some change of direction work on the resistance cords today. Really good sign!
Cowboys DT Davon Coleman & Raiders OL Austin Howard got into a scuffle after a 1-on-1 drill. I said there would be 2 fights. 1 down, 1 to go
Cowboys 1st team defense is getting into a brawl with the Raiders 1st team offense. My prediction of 2 fights at practice is right as of now

David Moore‏@DavidMooreDMN 1h
Cole Beasley with tough catch then ry nice move to avoid tackle and pick up extra yards before getting out of bounds

Brandon George‏@DMN_George 1h
Oakland Raiders fans letting Cowboys rookie CB Terrance Mitchell have it in 1-on-1 drills, chanting, "30 sucks."
Dallas Cowboys DL Ken Boatright would have sacked Oakland QB Matt Schaub on pass-rush.
Brandon Weeden showed off his arm strength hitting WR Chris Boyd in stride on a go route down right sideline for TD in 1-on-1 drills.
Cowboys CB Mo Claiborne gave up two catches to Oakland WRs in 1-on-1. One a back-shoulder pass to sideline. Other, Mo fell down in coverage.
Cowboys DL Davon Coleman and Oakland OL Austin Howard had to be separated after short scuffle following 1-on-1 drill.
Cowboys D and Oakland offense crammed up against fence right in front of stands before separated. Raiders fans loving it.
They just brought for police officers over to where fight took place for more security in front of Raiders fans.
Another fight, this time Cowboys offense involved

Rowan Kavner‏@KavnerDC 1h
The practice is nice, but more importantly Spencer's working on change of direction now on the resistance cords
Khalil Mack did better on 1 on 1 against Tyron than I've seen anyone do at camp. Usually just destroys everyone

David Helman‏@HelmanDC 1h
Dunbar just broke a long run on the Raiders' D, which is the last thing we saw him do in 2013.
Hornsey's first two punts were...forgettable. First one went about 15 yards. 2nd one maybe 33. The third one was a beauty.
lol. Justin Tuck to insistent fans: "I'm at work, leave me alone."
What looks to be a BIG dustup is happening on the field where the Raiders 1st O is playing the Cowboys first D. Not near where I am.
Annnnnd now the Cowboys O and Raiders D are having an altercation. FOOTBALL!!!

Nick Eatman‏@nickeatman 1h
both cowboys and raiders got the best of each other in the 1 on 1 WR drills .. Watching each field back and forth was like a tennis match

Todd Archer‏@toddarcher 1h
Ronald Leary first team LG for first time to open a practice

Tim MacMahon‏@espn_macmahon 1h
Cowboys-Raiders brawl after Mo Claiborne puts TE Mychal Rivera on his back and barks to crowd. Whole Dallas D and Oakland O involved.

Dallas Cowboys‏@dallascowboys 1h
Larry Allen sighting at Cowboys and @RAIDERS practice #CowboysCamp pic.twitter.com/vRAQ1PdMKQ

Ted Madden‏@tedmadden 1h
That's Magic Johnson. The tall one. Can't you tell? #iPhoneCamera #wfaacowboys pic.twitter.com/YbgeujfmtZ

Ok, that was a MAJOR fight. Claiborne upended WR on tackle and it was on. Even fans got involved. We'll have video at 10. #wfaacowboys

mike fisher‏@fishsports 1h
How bout #cowboys Lance Dunbar lined up in the slot as a receiver running a crossing route underneath the linebackers? Ya.

Babe Laufenberg‏@cbs11babe 1h
Romo missed T. Williams for TD on deep post. Missed Dez for a TD on go route. Good news? Overthrew them both. #Cowboyscbs11 #CowboysCamp

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 1h
I think the fans have just figured out this is practice and not a game. I heard one just utter, "I am bored."
Romo is 4-for-6 so far in 11 on 11. Nothing deep.
Dez has his game face on, screaming at his teammates while pacing up and down sideline.
JC Copeland just got in a little brawl after his helmet got ripped off.

@Boys_Vox: CB Mitchell playing to loud Raider fans. Seems to feed off negative crowd. Might want to learn coverage skills first?”

Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr 1h
Bruce Carter dropped a matt schaub pick
schaub has not looked good. Derek Carr has better arm
Huge fight after mo Claiborne hit on te Mychal Rivera. He got up mad. Entire raiders offense came over for business
Claiborne form tackled guy and dropped him. Then talked trash. Rivera didn't line it and it was on
Terrance Mitchell knocked pass and them preened in front of Raiders fans
Another fight with cowboys offense. Raiders defense. Practice ended

Jerry McDonald‏@Jerrymcd 1h
BW Webb nearly has his ankles broken on pivot by D-Moore after short catch from Carr.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Was waiting for this, can always count on you WG, thanks!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George‏@DMN_George 50m
Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis on if Jerry Jones has given OK to move to San Antonio: “We haven’t talked about that yet. But we’ll see.”
Jerry Jones quipped back to Mark Davis, “We’ll work that relocation fee out here in a minute.” Davis: “There you go (laughing).”
Jerry Jones on joint practice with Oakland Raiders: "It really is the pride of going out there and who can get the pigskin in the end zone."

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 1m
Jerry Jones on Anthony Spencer: "If he keeps progressing like he is he's got a shot at coming in there at least after the first game or 2."

Tim MacMahon‏@espn_macmahon 2m
BW Webb on Raiders fan hitting him with helmet during brawl: "You got to let them know, man, the only thing protecting you is this fence."

mike fisher‏@fishsports 42m
Lasorda & jerry have said goodbye to each other 15 times. then neither of them will stop talking and on it goes pic.twitter.com/a57dUQ2ZX1

Lindsay Cash‏@LindsayCash15 33m
Cowboys hosted Raiders for prac today! not 1, but 2 brawls broke out+we had @DezBryant mic'd up..yes really..Workin on video, comin tonight

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
So it's not just us that thought Mitchell needs work after his awful preseason game, apparently Raiders fans noticed this as well

morasp

Reaction score
The practice is nice, but more importantly Spencer's working on change of direction now on the resistance cords

Great news!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I've been gone for awhile. What's happened to this board? Seems like all the traffic is gone?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon Weeden showed off his arm strength hitting WR Chris Boyd in stride on a go route down right sideline for TD in 1-on-1 drills.

This will have a huge impact on the running game, can't wait.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So it's not just us that thought Mitchell needs work after his awful preseason game, apparently Raiders fans noticed this as well

He was a 7th round rookie playing in his 1st NFL preseason game. What exactly did you expect from him at this stage?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He was a 7th round rookie playing in his 1st NFL preseason game. What exactly did you expect from him at this stage?

What stage does he begin to play well so I know when to start my high expectations

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I've been gone for awhile. What's happened to this board? Seems like all the traffic is gone?

Hasn't it always been like this during the offseason?

Who's online right now:
Total: 655 (members: 273)

Seems like a decent amount to me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

It has slowed down ever since @Idgit decided to quit wearing deodorant. Luckily he has started wearing a thong so that brought in a lot of new members.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has slowed down ever since @Idgit decided to quit wearing deodorant. Luckily he has started wearing a thong so that brought in a lot of new members.

It was a happy coincidence. I just bought it because Tony's my favorite player.

cowboys_player_9_classic_thong.jpg