Cowboys-Ravens all time history

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This Sunday the Cowboys and Ravens will be meeting for only the 7th time. The Ravens are in fact one of the few teams in Cowboys history that has had almost complete dominance against us.

Here are the numbers:
  • The Ravens hold a 5-1 all time record against the Cowboys.
  • The only win we’ve managed against the Ravens happened in 2016 at AT&T when the Cowboys won 27-17.
  • The Ravens are 0-1 at AT&T, 1-0 in Texas Stadium and 4-0 against us in Baltimore.
  • One of the most memorable games was the 2008 final home game in Texas Stadium when the ravens had 263 yards rushing including 4th qtr TD runs of 77 and 82 yards. The ravens won that final game at TS 33-24.
  • The other memorable game was in the 2012 loss in Baltimore to the ravens 31-29. That was the game where Jason Garrett infamously iced his own kicker by calling timeout right before the kick. SMH.
  • The last meeting between those two teams happened in 2020 in Baltimore when the ravens won 34-17.
Two teams desperate for a win. Hopefully the Cowboys show some toughness for a change because Baltimore is a very physical team. The Cowboys must be able to stop the bleeding from the saints against a talented team that is desperate for their first win. Another chance to see if the Cowboys are capable of taking a punch and counterpunching. Haven’t seen that in far too long.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't counterpunch. We go fetal and play dead.
We certainly have the last year.

In their last 7 games, the Cowboys are 3-4, and are averaging giving up 28 points per game. Included in the last 7 was holding the commanders to 10 points and the browns to 19, so other than that it’s been not so good. In those last 7 games the Cowboys are 2-4 when the opponent scores first.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Garrett iced his own kicker against the Cardinals not the Ravens.

I think in the game, Bryant caught a pass but he kept barking at the official while the clock was moving which forced Garrett to use an timeout instead of hurrying up to get another play in.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • One of the most memorable games was the 2008 final home game in Texas Stadium when the ravens had 263 yards rushing including 4th qtr TD runs of 77 and 82 yards. The ravens won that final game at TS 33-24.
Knowing that the Cowboys hand picked that game to close out Texas Stadium made that loss sting even more.

Praxit

Reaction score
...these guys gotta flip the switch this week. It's only game 3, but they need moral.
A win would benefit. Maybe for all season.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Doesn't look good Bobhaze......But hope rings eternal...I think we can get them, Most people focus on the offense-I'm always on the defense. Defense hold them to 20 then I'll be kicking the offensive can down the street if we lose. I expect any Dallas defense at worse to at least hold teams to 24. That happens I think we can stand toe to toe with any other team out there. They don't ? We probably lose unless Superman shows up.... :rolleyes:

The Natural

Reaction score
Before I opened the thread I was asking myself "have we ever beaten these fools?". Feels safe to bet on the Ravens for this one.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This Sunday the Cowboys and Ravens will be meeting for only the 7th time. The Ravens are in fact one of the few teams in Cowboys history that has had almost complete dominance against us.

Here are the numbers:
  • The Ravens hold a 5-1 all time record against the Cowboys.
  • The only win we’ve managed against the Ravens happened in 2016 at AT&T when the Cowboys won 27-17.
  • The Ravens are 0-1 at AT&T, 1-0 in Texas Stadium and 4-0 against us in Baltimore.
  • The other memorable game was in the 2012 loss in Baltimore to the ravens 31-29. That was the game where Jason Garrett infamously iced his own kicker by calling timeout right before the kick. SMH.
  • The last meeting between those two teams happened in 2020 in Baltimore when the ravens won 34-17.
Two teams desperate for a win. Hopefully the Cowboys show some toughness for a change because Baltimore is a very physical team. The Cowboys must be able to stop the bleeding from the saints against a talented team that is desperate for their first win. Another chance to see if the Cowboys are capable of taking a punch and counterpunching. Haven’t seen that in far too long.
Even history is not on our side. We are doomed.

2020 is looking like a repeat but I have us losing 56-17 instead of 34-17. Going to be an embarrassing upcoming Sunday.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For some reason, Vegas has us only a 1-point underdog vs. the Ravens! :omg:
Great news! I thought it'd be much more than that. :huh:
Wow, they must really suck, too! :muttley:

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think we win this game.
the ravens just don't look like the ravens.
i don't see us dropping back to back home games to start the season.
cowboys bounce back at home 21-17.
better performance by our defense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We have a couple of things that could work in our favor this week. 1) Dak has never lost to the Ravens.. Okay it's only one game but it counts. Seems like when Dak feels ownage of a team he maintains it. With the Ravens secondary struggling a bit so far, that's a good sign. 2) Zeke has had two pretty good games against them.. I think he has topped 80 yards both times he has faced them. I said at the beginning of the year he would give us 2-3 turn back the clock games.. I have a feeling this will be be one of them as I think he will be energized by the rivalry with Henry and come out breathing fire this Sunday. But frankly I think we all know this team will need the defense to get off the team bus to have any chance in this game. If they sleepwalk like they have the last two home games.. there is nothing anybody is going to be able to do to save them from another embarrassing loss!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
1) Dak has never lost to the Ravens.
Neither did Romo or Dalton. Two of those games the Ravens had north of 260 yards rushing. In 2012 Jacoby Jones had a 108 yard kickoff return. Defense & special teams need to take those L's.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The last game in Texas Stadium is when shortly thereafter Ray Lewis said our offense was as vanilla as Robert Matthew Van Winkle.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither did Romo or Dalton. Two of those games the Ravens had north of 260 yards rushing. In 2012 Jacoby Jones had a 108 yard kickoff return. Defense & special teams need to take those L's.
Romo lost to the ravens twice. The last game in Texas Stadium in Dec, 2008, where the ravens beat us 33-24, Romo was at the helm. In 2012, at Baltimore, Romo also was the QB in the 31-29 loss.

Romo was 0-2 vs the ravens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I really don’t keep up with the point-spread very often, but the Cowboys are dogs at home against an 0-2 team. We’ll see if that motivates us.