Cowboys-Ravens all time history

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don’t keep up with the point-spread very often, but the Cowboys are dogs at home against an 0-2 team. We’ll see if that motivates us.
I honestly can’t remember the last home game where the Cowboys were Vegas ‘dogs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I honestly can’t remember the last home game where the Cowboys were Vegas ‘dogs.
I can’t either. Even after last weeks awful performance, I was surprised to see we were underdogs considering the Ravens are 0-2 and have the 32nd ranked defense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Neither did Romo or Dalton. Two of those games the Ravens had north of 260 yards rushing. In 2012 Jacoby Jones had a 108 yard kickoff return. Defense & special teams need to take those L's.
Romo has to own that 2012 loss to though.. He got 227 yards rushing from Murray and Felix and the defense held the Ravens to 86 yards rushing. He and Garrett failed to manage that game wasting multiple trips into the red zone and especially at the end when they needed to be trying to get into easier FG range instead of settling for a 50+ yarder on a soggy grass field. You just made me mad just thinking about that game!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Romo lost to the ravens twice. The last game in Texas Stadium in Dec, 2008, where the ravens beat us 33-24, Romo was at the helm. In 2012, at Baltimore, Romo also was the QB in the 31-29 loss.

Romo was 0-2 vs the ravens.
I think he was trying to say the losses shouldn't be "on" Romo. We may disagree but I get what he was saying. That '08 game was maybe one of the most gutless performances we've ever seen from the Cowboys. Not counting these last two home games of course!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You don't have to go back very far. They were home dogs to Tampa in the '22 season opener and a full TD dog to Cincy the following week with Rush at the helm.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he was trying to say the losses shouldn't be "on" Romo. We may disagree but I get what he was saying. That '08 game was maybe one of the most gutless performances we've ever seen from the Cowboys. Not counting these last two home games of course!
Thanks Ronnie. Context is sometimes hard to follow. My bad.

Yeah I remember that 2008 game all too well. With a playoff spot on the line and the last home game at Texas Stadium was not enough for that team to put together a valiant effort. I remember the ravens having a 77 yard TD run and an 80 something yard TD run as well - both in the 4th qtr. It was as you said - a gutless performance.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Thanks Ronnie. Context is sometimes hard to follow. My bad.

Yeah I remember that 2008 game all too well. With a playoff spot on the line and the last home game at Texas Stadium was not enough for that team to put together a valiant effort. I remember the ravens having a 77 yard TD run and an 80 something yard TD run as well - both in the 4th qtr. It was as you said - a gutless performance.
Yeah I could see McGahee taking one to the house..That dude was legit .. but to turn around the next series and let Leron McLain.. a damn full back go 82!?!?! When they were probably just trying to run some clock!?!? Absolutely disgraceful.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Romo lost to the ravens twice. The last game in Texas Stadium in Dec, 2008, where the ravens beat us 33-24, Romo was at the helm. In 2012, at Baltimore, Romo also was the QB in the 31-29 loss.

Romo was 0-2 vs the ravens.
So, huge defensive failures only excuse some losses.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If Dallas loses, they can’t beat a good team like Baltimore.

If they win, big whoop. The Ravens suck.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
For 3 years straight now. If we're down two scores, the game is over. There might be an exception, but I don't remember it.
I'm pretty sure they went down two scores against the Eagles at home two years ago and stormed back to win it.. But mostly this team doesn't get behind by that much very often and when they do they have not figured out how to dig out of it. Not enough practice I guess. The other problem is that usually when you fall behind by that much the defense is getting worked.. and the only way you come back is if the defense starts making the other team punt. We've seen the offense break out of its funk a few times only to see the defense continue to stink and that's been the biggest issue when we fall behind IMHO. But as I always say.. it's a team game.. so nobody gets to puff his chest out because he played well in a loss.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they went down two scores against the Eagles at home two years ago and stormed back to win it.. But mostly this team doesn't get behind by that much very often and when they do they have not figured out how to dig out of it. Not enough practice I guess. The other problem is that usually when you fall behind by that much the defense is getting worked.. and the only way you come back is if the defense starts making the other team punt. We've seen the offense break out of its funk a few times only to see the defense continue to stink and that's been the biggest issue when we fall behind IMHO. But as I always say.. it's a team game.. so nobody gets to puff his chest out because he played well in a loss.
I think you're right. We got that 3rd and 30 that saved our butts. But the Eagles had their backup QB playing. But we almost always compete against the Eagles win or lose. Why not anyone else? We were down 20-0 in the game against the Eagles with Cooper Rush starting, and we made it 20-17 at one point.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Ravens should win this…better roster and better coaches. And I’m not high on the Ravens. I think both Cowboys and Ravens finish with 10 wins or less.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The last game in Texas Stadium is when shortly thereafter Ray Lewis said our offense was as vanilla as Robert Matthew Van Winkle.
And 16 years later, that statement still rings true as we are still running the same variation of Jason Garrett's offense. It never left, just different players and coaches running it. And other players have spoke about this exact thing, about how predictable and straight forward our offense is.

KB1122

Reaction score
My big question about the Ravens: why don't they play every year on Halloween, like the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Ravens have quietly been the bane of the Cowboys.

In 2000 they blanked Dallas 27-0 in one of Troy Aikman's very last starts. I remember that game because that was when the young version of me finally admitted to myself that the Cowboys weren't good anymore and wouldn't be for a long time.

In 2008 they ruined the last game in Texas Stadium by scoring on 77 and 82 yard runs in between Romo TD drives that made the game semi-close.

In 2012 I think the Cowboys lost to them because Dez Bryant dropped a two point conversion (could be wrong here).

Overall this team gives me bad vibes.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Here's all I got every time you think it's a slam dunk home run no way we can win because they can run the ball and we can't stop it.

Somehow in today's NFL what's supposed to happen and would make sense to happen does not always happen.

By all accounts we should get the living snot beat out of us today because we just don't match up good against this team.

That said because of the full-blown unpredictability of today's NFL we could somehow figure out a way to win and surprise everybody.
But I'm not holding my breath