News: Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Nominated For The Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Nominated For The Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award

matthewlenix_star-blog_cowboys-must-stop-abandoning-ezekiel-elliott.jpg

December 3, 2020 - Running back Ezekiel Elliott is the Cowboys nominee for the 2020 Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award, presented annually to an NFL player for their on-field sportsmanship and integrity.

The award was created in 2014 in honor of longtime Pittsburgh Steelers founding owner and Hall of Famer Art Rooney Sr.

Each team receives one nominee for the award, and a panel of former players from the NFL Legends Community selects eight finalists. From those finalists, each team’s players will vote for a winner.

Read Full Story

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is this because he because he gives the ball to the other teams due to fumbles? That is sportsmanship right there.

He also doesn't make defensive backs look foolish with cuts that leave them grasping at air. That's very generous of him.

Kidding aside, he seems to be well-liked.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He also doesn't make defensive backs look foolish with cuts that leave them grasping at air. That's very generous of him.

Kidding aside, he seems to be well-liked.
Yes he does seem to be well like

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would be nice if our star player was in the running for real awards but I guess fat baby needed some attention.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
:lmao: Lol, what a slap in the face to the other winners. I honestly don’t even know where to begin. Does this award have anything do to with quitting and selfishness? If that’s the case then hands down he deserves it.

A sportsman on the field, a borderline predator off of it. Seems to me an award like that should include their behavior on and off the field, but what do I know.

aria

Reaction score
Well I guess it does make a little sense she was nominated, his “integrity and sportsmanship” definitely reflects our current record.

Unreal, the guy quits on plays, looks stoned and completely uninterested on the sideline and asks to be taken out on critical plays because he can’t handle the workload and he gets nominated for “sportsmanship and integrity?”

Too bad the “integrity” part doesn’t include off the field behavior, he would have won it 4 years in a row by their standards.

John813

Reaction score
Ha, you think Ramsey would be up for this award?

See, taking Zeke at 4th overall was the correct choice.

We are going to be bringing the Art Rooney award to Dallas this year!

/s

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
A true sportsman would be putting his team first. Was that what Zeke's holdout last season was about? He was trying to make the team better? Zeke is a selfish 'me first' type of doosh.

Cmac

Reaction score
A true sportsman would be putting his team first. Was that what Zeke's holdout last season was about? He was trying to make the team better? Zeke is a selfish 'me first' type of doosh.
Didn't miss one game......Emmitt missed 2 games (losses)….and not once did he get hammered by his teammates.