Twitter: Cowboys RBs in the Passing Game Are Almost Useless

Haimerej

Reaction score
Pollard would have caught it and he should have been in the game.

Do you deny that Zeke has the catch radius of a small child with his inability to accelerate?

I'm saying you're making a pathetic excuse for a poor throw. This is like saying it's Kelce's fault if Mahomes overthrows him because Hill would've been fast enough to catch up to it.

Dak was throwing to Zeke. He wasn't throwing to Pollard.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not like we have a backup RB who is explosive and used to at wr. Coaches hands are tied all they have is Zeke.

Ken

Reaction score
Well according to PFR Zeke had 3 drops on 65 targets in 2021.. Pollard also had 3 drops.. on 46 targets. So Pollard had a much higher drop percentage than Zeke.. 6.5% to 4.6%. I think people are holding last year against Zeke too much.. I think Covid screwed with his hand to eye coordination in 2020..which resulted in a lot of drops that year. 8 drops on 71 targets for a drop percentage of 11.3. In 2019 his drop precentage was 5.6.. In 2018 it was 2.1.. He had 2 drops on 95 targets!!! Yikes.. So I'm fairly confident in calling 2020 a Covid related anomaly and we can go back to considering Zeke a reliable receiver.
Zeke didn't drop it...he just didn't make the catch bc it was just off his fingertips.

My point was simply that wr/rbs are to blame when they dont keep running their route or are too slow to a pass thrown under duress.

The throw to Wilson is also one that drives me nuts...the one that was heaved under duress and he is flailing about to try and turn and catch it. It was unfortunate because the ball was there and he just couldn't locate/turn himself fast enough to catch it.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm saying you're making a pathetic excuse for a poor throw. This is like saying it's Kelce's fault if Mahomes overthrows him because Hill would've been fast enough to catch up to it.

Dak was throwing to Zeke. He wasn't throwing to Pollard.
Well they play different positions so i would never say that.

My point in bringing pollard up is he should have been in the game and should have been the one catching that ball. He is still running if he was...instead of getting the 6 measely touches he got in that game.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Well they play different positions so i would never say that.

My point in bringing pollard up is he should have been in the game and should have been the one catching that ball. He is still running if he was...instead of getting the 6 measely touches he got in that game.

This team would never lose as long we followed every hypothetical fans propose. I just think it's hilarious that you're acting like the QB has no responsibility to throw a pass the actual intended receiver could catch.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke didn't drop it...he just didn't make the catch bc it was just off his fingertips.

My point was simply that wr/rbs are to blame when they dont keep running their route or are too slow to a pass thrown under duress.

The throw to Wilson is also one that drives me nuts...the one that was heaved under duress and he is flailing about to try and turn and catch it. It was unfortunate because the ball was there and he just couldn't locate/turn himself fast enough to catch it.

Yeah that was a great play by Dak.. basically getting it off with three guys in his face was a minor miracle. Wilson HAS to be able to locate that ball and make a play on it. If he does.. it would have been a very different game.. But I agree to point.. QBs are dealing with a lotta crap back there, case in point the Wilson throw, so every pass isn't going to hit you in the bread basket. Sometimes the receiver has gotta help him out. I am of the mind that Wilson should have been able to track that ball better. I don't recall the specific play you're talking about with Zeke though but I am not opposed to the notion that he might have eased up thinking the play was over and got caught off guard when Dak sent the ball his way. That sort of thing happens all the time.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
This team would never lose as long we followed every hypothetical fans propose. I just think it's hilarious that you're acting like the QB has no responsibility to throw a pass the actual intended receiver could catch.
He has all the responsibility.....when he is getting smashed by the defense, you have to catch the ball.

Especially with the game on the line.

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah that was a great play by Dak.. basically getting it off with three guys in his face was a minor miracle. Wilson HAS to be able to locate that ball and make a play on it. If he does.. it would have been a very different game.. But I agree to point.. QBs are dealing with a lotta crap back there, case in point the Wilson throw, so every pass isn't going to hit you in the bread basket. Sometimes the receiver has gotta help him out. I am of the mind that Wilson should have been able to track that ball better. I don't recall the specific play you're talking about with Zeke though but I am not opposed to the notion that he might have eased up thinking the play was over and got caught off guard when Dak sent the ball his way. That sort of thing happens all the time.
It was like the play before the one to wilson.

I went back and watch that drive again and just shake my head. Starts with our biggest play of the day, 38 yarder to Shutlze.

Ended with Sack, drop by Ceedee, the play to zeke (which a hold was called but they declined so i guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway) and then the 4th and 11 heave to Wilson.

Just a sad series of plays.

Haimerej

Reaction score

The play Ken is referring to is at the 33:12 mark of this video.

There was no let up by Zeke. There was no one in Dak's face. It was just a bad throw.

tico

Reaction score
We need a RB in the draft to replace Zeke and go with Pollard.
Another reason KM is not the guy. Our passing to RBs is so telegraphed I know it's coming from TV at home.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What am i looking at?

If you have to ask that explains your take.

Did he not get hit?

After the ball was out.

Nothing here changes my mind.

Unsurprising.

Zeke was already running before the pass, but your initial take was he was supposed to just run faster, i.e. "accelerate." Then you talked about Dak not being able to make the throw because he had a guy in his face, which he didn't.

The only thing is the idiots talking have the same brainless analysis.

"Pressure is privilege" - well then make the throws.

He did...WTH are they watching?

They were watching the game. I don't endorse all their takes, but if you're going to criticize them you should at least take them in context. The point was to show you the All 22 of the play you were criticizing. I could care less about what the guys in the video said.

Haimerej

Reaction score
LOL.

"BAD THROW" running for his life with three guys bearing down on him, makes an off balance throw where Pollard makes it and is still running......but the gimp just can't get to it....

Ok, Jerry.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Cavanaugh was losing his mind on the air earlier over these stats.

So not only are we running Zeke up the middle into a pile of men every running play, but we are also getting the worst production out of RBs when we throw them the ball as well?

Yikes, Kellen (and Philbin).

With Cooper looking slower this year, Pollard is probably our fastest player on offense. When was the last time they isolated him on the edge and sent him deep. Ever?

Recall that when we drafted him, he was considered a WR/RB tweener, and if anything, more of a WR than a RB. Pollard has just been wasted here.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Misdirection kills our D every time.Maybe our O should try it along w/ motion once in a while.

Seems that Moore breaks out motion for 3 games a season. Always looks good. But he doesn't keep up with it. So disappointing. Pollard is the best tweener player we've had for that motion role, and we've stopped making use of it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I don't think anyone is saying that. Of course the QB has responsibility. Every player has a piece in a play's success or failure.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The play Ken is referring to is at the 33:12 mark of this video.

There was no let up by Zeke. There was no one in Dak's face. It was just a bad throw.

Wait are you talking about the play where Dak has to step up and has three dudes converging on him as he unloads it to Zeke as "no pressure?" Come on man. Fine if you want to consider it a poor throw.. But I think the three red jerseys closing in as he lets go of the ball probably had something to do with it.