Twitter: Cowboys RBs in the Passing Game Are Almost Useless

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is on the scheme. Moore simply doesn't utilize his RBs. The fact that both had tears and still played is also on the staff.
Yeah and it’s a running team. Soooo yeah. Don’t make a lot of sense.,

Reactions: G2

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah and now Moore keeps calling WR screens. No more misdirection. Nothing. Very strange. These are mostly the same players from a few years ago. Moore should be keeping the plays that was working and adding to it. Never really saw the crossing route Dak hit Lamb with to beat the pats. The TE was open on that play also..
I think the last time we saw that play was the pick he threw against the skins!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Disagree.

I cringe at other qbs throwing to rbs, not generally dak.
We don't scheme at all for passes to our backs do we?

Not a third read dump, I mean an actual designed play.

Remove the threat of that, plus they know the QB won't take off, and you can play a nice variety of coverage.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Meh. It's just not the offense the Cowboys run. They were the highest scoring offense in the league running their offense.

They just need to the QB to play like he can in January.

zeke21

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. This is all on coaching and scheme for me. Zeke clearly had a horrible back end of the season and should have been rested/benched for most of it.. but agree with most that the lack of production in the RB passing game is due to play calling and QB play.

We make so little use of our RBs it hurts.. our scheme is so one dimensional. When it is working.. it is very very effective but it gets stopped.. game over. We need a lot more schemed throws to the RBs, a lot more rub routes.. more hi/lo combos.. a better QB and a new OC.

Yikes.. dead last.

lkelly

Reaction score
On the upside, we still rank ahead of this play:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Who was it that posted recently that Dak had the 5th highest completion % of all time?

He rarely passes to the backs, and makes that very tough to believe.

Not that the OP is lying....it's just tough to think would be the case.

Redline360

Reaction score
That's downright embarrassing.

Usually goes...
Dak looks down his first read nothing there.
A)Dak dumps off to zeke either above his head or into the dirt for an incomplete pass
B)Dak throws good pass 1 out of 5 but zeke bobbles it or gets hit immediately

zeke21

Reaction score
On the upside, we still rank ahead of this play:

How do you figure? 49ers were playing a very good defensive unit.. had a 3rd and long.. tried for a long developing pass play.. the pocket collapses.. and instead of dying with the ball.. the QB tries to force to the flat to either make the yards or to make it 4th and manageable. The receiver jumps and almost takes possession of the ball and then it gets taken away.

So yes.. the play broke down.. and yes it cost them the game. But it was a legitimate football play that was appropriate for the time of the game..

Ours was an unforgettable disaster that did nothing other than confirm our QB has no game awareness at all. We didn't even trust our noodle armed QB to make a throw to the endzone.

So I'm not sure how others see it.. but I think our sins were far worse than a legitimate offensive football play getting blown up by a very good defensive play.