Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Re-Sign RFA WR Cedrick Wilson

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Now we don’t need PItts.

Yeah, because clearly they are the same player. :muttley:

Wilson was free to negotiate with any other team and yet had no choice but to return to Dallas.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good depth guy. Will be hard to continue his progress behind Lamb, Gallup, Cooper, Schultz, Jarwin but hopefully they continue to find things he can do well and let him have a few opportunities to shine.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With as much 4 and 5 wide this team runs Wilson will likely see 15-20 offensive snaps a game in addition to what he gets on STs. I think that's fine.. I also think that being Dak's buddy and being the 4th option on the offense will get him some open looks. We could do a lot worse at the #4 receiver spot.
15 per is about what he averaged last year.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Yeah, because clearly they are the same player. :muttley:

Wilson was free to negotiate with any other team and yet had no choice but to return to Dallas.
You have what...60 snaps if you are lucky? Dallas already has lamb, gallop an cooper. Where the heck is he going to live? Fix the Damn Defense!!

If you trade gallop during the draft I will listen.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
So Woods and Wilson get resigned, Gregory and Gallup remain in the air. Brilliant.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Always liked him. He can be an adequate #3 if Gallup leaves. Not as good, but serviceable

If Gallup is gone, Cedrick can be a 3rd down possession WR, and Pollard our RB/WR on 1st and 2nd.

My ideal lineup 1st and 2nd down: Zeke, Pollard, Jarwin, Lamb, Cooper. Better run/pass balance, better speed.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So Woods and Wilson get resigned, Gregory and Gallup remain in the air. Brilliant.

Gregory and Gallup are both under contract this year. We should trade Gallup now. I thought they'd make a push to extend Gregory. Now is the time if we want a good deal.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I've always liked Cedrick. I feel he has as good a pair of hands as any WR we've ever had. Anyway, to me, he's a first-rate guy. If we had as many capable backups as he is, we'd be in way better shape than we are now, imho. I'm pleased to see he been retained.

Wish he didn't choke on the 4th down fake punt. The play was there to be had.

Flamma

Reaction score
Gregory and Gallup are both under contract this year. We should trade Gallup now. I thought they'd make a push to extend Gregory. Now is the time if we want a good deal.

This is the time you give players extensions. Not after they play out the last year of their contract. Like you said, Gregory would be way cheaper now. If he plays really well we'll lose him like we did Quinn. Same with Gallup.

These two aren't like Woods and Wilson. You wait and you lose good players like Byron and Quinn.

But hey, what do I know anyway? Jerry may very well be trying. Gallup may want too much.

CWR

Reaction score
This is the time you give players extensions. Not after they play out the last year of their contract. Like you said, Gregory would be way cheaper now. If he plays really well we'll lose him like we did Quinn. Same with Gallup.

These two aren't like Woods and Wilson. You wait and you lose good players like Byron and Quinn.

But hey, what do I know anyway? Jerry may very well be trying. Gallup may want too much.

I agree, but we've screwed ourselves by mis-evaluating our own in this exact situation. I'm not positive on all these but I believe Miles Austin, MB3, Jaylon and Crawford were all early signings to get a deal.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Blimey! If we lose Gallup, I'd love to see him paired with a great Quarterback such as Rogers or even Mayfield or Tom Brady. Gallop is money, whether here or as trade material.
A pint o' Guinness for our lad Gallup!

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree, but we've screwed ourselves by mis-evaluating our own in this exact situation. I'm not positive on all these but I believe Miles Austin, MB3, Jaylon and Crawford were all early signings to get a deal.

Agreed.

Reactions: CWR

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have what...60 snaps if you are lucky? Dallas already has lamb, gallop an cooper. Where the heck is he going to live? Fix the Damn Defense!!

If you trade gallop during the draft I will listen.
Yes...let's give the defense some bona fide studs once in awhile, right? No drafting injured, no head cases, no "talented projects". Studs.

I think we do need to address O-line as well.

lockster

Reaction score
C
The problem is who do you sit between Cooper, Lamb and Gallup to let him play? I like Wilson, but unless one of these guys gets injured I doubt Wilson will get much more action than he got last year.
Cooper loves to sit on the bench , he can take Cooper's reps.