CFZ Cowboys ready to make push into Playoffs

GMO415

Reaction score
Funny what can happen when the Garrett stench is removed. Most of that 15 years with no back to back was him.

Man what a waste of multiple players careers...oh well
Wasted a decade of SB caliber talent. Man, that pissed me off.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s been 15 years since the Cowboys have made the playoffs in consecutive years which in 2006 and 2007 is only time in 21st Century. And a franchise that hasn’t reached the NFC Championship since 1995 in their last of 5 Super Bowl Championships.

Dallas is currently 6-2 which is same place we were last year. Only one time in Cowboys history did they fail to make the playoffs after starting 6-2. In 1986 after Danny White went down for the season the Cowboys lost 7 of their last 8 finishing 7-9.

Runaway division leaders a year ago the Cowboys find themselves trailing the undefeated Egirls by 2 games. So , even if the Cowboys finish strong and split with them they’ll need some help. Bottomline is the division isn't in our control at this time.

But with the NFC down this year we lead other Wild Card competitors for one of the 3 slots by at least 3 games at this time . So it would take a major collapse by the Cowboys not to make the playoffs. Or possibly one of the 4-5 type teams to win out. I’d say making the playoffs appears fairly certain for the Cowboys while their could be some bumps in the road .
Excellent post, you just said everything that Cowboys Nation is feeling right now.
Well done.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s fine but then we’d have to go 8-1 or we’d need Egirls to lose more than 3 pending tie breakers .

Do you not think we are going to lose anymore games?

Let’s assume realistically we finish 13-4. Then we need Egirls to lose at least 4 games finishing 5-4. And that’s assuming we could win tiebreakers.

Even if we finish 14-3, we need them to finish 6-3. That’s needing a lot of help. And winning tiebreakers even with a win over them.

Going 6-3 in the final 9 games is far from a collapse. It's actually still pretty good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Going 6-3 in the final 9 games is far from a collapse. It's actually still pretty good.
But based on what we’ve seen thus far why would we expect the Egirls to finish much worse than they started or worse than us?

Im not saying it can’t happen but what evidence do we have to support?

Flamma

Reaction score
But based on what we’ve seen thus far why would we expect the Egirls to finish much worse than they started or worse than us?

Im not saying it can’t happen but what evidence do we have to support?

Much worse? If we beat them, is going 6-2 much worse than 8-0? How did the Cardinals do after their 7-0 start last year?

The Jets just beat Buffalo. Washington played evenly with the Vikings. The Eagles squeaked out a few of those games. Games they may not squeak out in the 2nd half of the season.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Right now the offense hasn't shown that they have overcome the inconsistencies that has plagued this team for years. It's not like I am seeing a dominating team that gives you confidence that they'll win the big games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Much worse? If we beat them, is going 6-2 much worse than 8-0? How did the Cardinals do after their 7-0 start last year?

The Jets just beat Buffalo. Washington played evenly with the Vikings. The Eagles squeaked out a few of those games. Games they may not squeak out in the 2nd half of the season.
I think you’re missing my point here.

I’m not saying it’s not possible. I’m just not sure what evidence we have based on what we’ve seen how we can predict with any certainty.

And why while it’s possible it’s more certainty against us. Sorry but that’s the math as it is now. Can it change. Sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Excellent post, you just said everything that Cowboys Nation is feeling right now.
Well done.
Thanks

This is probably the most positive I’ve felt for the Cowboys in over a generation because of this defense and the fact the recent successful teams with greater QB’s are down this season in NFC .

This creates an incredible opportunity. And we could make our deepest run this era even as a Wild Card.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think you’re missing my point here.

I’m not saying it’s not possible. I’m just not sure what evidence we have based on what we’ve seen how we can predict with any certainty.

And why while it’s possible it’s more certainty against us. Sorry but that’s the math as it is now. Can it change. Sure.

I'm not sure what evidence you're looking for. We always only have the current sample size. I was simply pointing out that it wouldn't take a Philly collapse to catch them if we beat them. History alone should tell you that.

Verdict

Reaction score
I still think we can overtake the Eagles for the division as well.
But drop a game along the way until we play them again, could be it unless the Eagles really collapse somehow.
True. It’s a long season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure what evidence you're looking for. We always only have the current sample size. I was simply pointing out that it wouldn't take a Philly collapse to catch them if we beat them. History alone should tell you that.
And all I’m saying is unless the Egirls lose more than 3 games which means 5-4 to finish the season the Cowboys will need to finish out 8-1 pending tiebreakers into consideration.

I just can’t see that happening based on what we’ve seen thus far.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I still think we can overtake the Eagles for the division as well.
But drop a game along the way until we play them again, could be it unless the Eagles really collapse somehow.
Yep. And that’s the thing. How do we see the Cowboys finishing the season? You mentioned very instinctively if we lose a game then it makes it much more difficult.

Do we see us going 15-2. 14-3, 13-4???

How we do factors in how the Egirls will need to do. If we do lose 1 then Egirls have to lose at least 3 maybe 4 pending tiebreakers.

And finishing 8-1 at 14-3 would seem like a best case scenario. Unless we’re prepared to say we see us finishing 9-0 at 15-2. And why the math certainly is not in our favor .

meddleroidz

Reaction score

you're right we will destroy teams not beat team "squeaking out", name me one game opponent we won under 1 score game? i think the cowboys are perennial playoffs choker so nobody is really worried about them especially dak. if he's so great why didnt he sniff a SB yet?

shabazz

Reaction score
There’s a better chance of Jerry pushing out a firm non-alcoholic Infused loaf than the Cowboys winning the division……but it still possible

Flamma

Reaction score
you're right we will destroy teams not beat team "squeaking out", name me one game opponent we won under 1 score game? i think the cowboys are perennial playoffs choker so nobody is really worried about them especially dak. if he's so great why didnt he sniff a SB yet?

Jacksonville, Arizona, Lions, all 1 score games. You're also asking the wrong person about Dak. There are plenty of his jock sniffers on these boards you can ask that ignorant question to. You probably asked that about Stafford a few years ago.

Regardless of how much I like or dislike Dak, he's still a legit starter in this league. I can't say the same about Cooper Rush.

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s been 15 years since the Cowboys have made the playoffs in consecutive years which in 2006 and 2007 is only time in 21st Century. And a franchise that hasn’t reached the NFC Championship since 1995 in their last of 5 Super Bowl Championships.

Dallas is currently 6-2 which is same place we were last year. Only one time in Cowboys history did they fail to make the playoffs after starting 6-2. In 1986 after Danny White went down for the season the Cowboys lost 7 of their last 8 finishing 7-9.

Runaway division leaders a year ago the Cowboys find themselves trailing the undefeated Egirls by 2 games. So , even if the Cowboys finish strong and split with them they’ll need some help. Bottomline is the division isn't in our control at this time.

But with the NFC down this year we lead other Wild Card competitors for one of the 3 slots by at least 3 games at this time . So it would take a major collapse by the Cowboys not to make the playoffs. Or possibly one of the 4-5 type teams to win out. I’d say making the playoffs appears fairly certain for the Cowboys while their could be some bumps in the road .
This Cowboy team is better than last years team. They certainly will be in the playoffs and will make a run for the division as well. I'll go out on a limb and say that the Eagles will lose at least 3 games.