Cowboys Record vs Playoff Teams

plymkr

Reaction score
Commodes are hot garbage, but they beat the best team...interesting team moving forward.

As far as the Cowboys are concerned I'm much more interested in how they play in December n January cause that's where they faded last year, and the revve up for the Playoffs is an important indicator.
I feel the Eagles are going fade in December and January. Their season this year reminds me a lot of our season last year. I also feel we are getting stronger with Clark and Williams coming into their own and the possibility of getting Tyron back.

plymkr

Reaction score
This is encouraging. Lots of chatter about the Niners lately but who have they beaten?
We've had a pretty rough schedule. This list does not include early season victories against the Bengals and Rams. When we played the Bengals and Rams they were still considered good. That was until Micah Parsons destroyed their souls. One encouraging thing about this team is the resiliency. We beat some pretty good teams while figuring out how to handle injuries are WR, QB, LT. Now we're getting healthy and an identity. And you're right, who has the 49ers beaten? And could have they beaten some of these teams with the injuries we had to deal with.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cowboys have most wins vs. current playoff teams.

Cowboys: 5-2 (wins over CIN, MIN, NYGx2, WAS)
Eagles: 3-1 (DAL, MIN, WAS)
Vikings: 3-2 (MIA, WAS, BUF)
Giants: 2-2 (TEN, BAL)
Buccaneers: 1-2 (DAL)
Commanders: 1-4 (PHI)
49ers: 0-1

Excellent points.

We're as good as anyone in the league.

Even if we don't win the Super Bowl, which I think we do, we still have the best team Dallas has assembled since their last championship.

We've had a pretty rough schedule. This list does not include early season victories against the Bengals and Rams. When we played the Bengals and Rams they were still considered good. That was until Micah Parsons destroyed their souls. One encouraging thing about this team is the resiliency. We beat some pretty good teams while figuring out how to handle injuries are WR, QB, LT. Now we're getting healthy and an identity. And you're right, who has the 49ers beaten? And could have they beaten some of these teams with the injuries we had to deal with.

Good point. We've played 7-8 games against playoff teams.

And we've had a tougher schedule than the Eagles.

But I still think we're able to win the division and garner the bye as the #1 seed.

We shall see.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

The consideration isnt so much beating Play-Off teams, it's beating those teams that are set-up unfavorably with our strengths....... eg, we match up better against the Vikings who allowed us to pass-rush on a 3rd downs than we do against facing the 49ers who wouldnt be doing a lot of passing on 3rd's.

JustChip

Reaction score

Interesting, but I would throw out the first couple of games for all teams. Those games are really preseason games, except they count. Does TB beating Dallas on opening weekend really say anything about those teams as they are today?

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Commodes are hot garbage, but they beat the best team...interesting team moving forward.

As far as the Cowboys are concerned I'm much more interested in how they play in December n January cause that's where they faded last year, and the revve up for the Playoffs is an important indicator.
They're not hot garbage. They have a legit defense, and multiple weapons on offense. What they're missing is a real QB. Heineke is loved by his team, and he is fearless, but in reality he's been bailed out by his defense and a mind boggling number of dropped INT's by opponents. His luck will run out at some point, but right now they are a dangerous team.

75boyz

Reaction score
It's good to finally have an outlier year composed of beating playoff teams. Add in a historically weak for a decade division that has finally improved this year makes it even better.

Now for the hard part.
Win 2 or more playoff games to further change the pattern of the past 27 years of history.
Regular season champions still don't impress me.

jmo

silvernblu

Reaction score
Interesting, but I would throw out the first couple of games for all teams. Those games are really preseason games, except they count. Does TB beating Dallas on opening weekend really say anything about those teams as they are today?

Listen. It’s a stat. Take from it what you will.

It’s not an argument.

This goes for everyone even though I’m replying to you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Isn’t what what?

It’s a statistic. Who is counting chickens?

What a weird comment

The Cowboys are 8-3. Oh sorry, I’m counting chickens again!
Whahhaat?

Counting wins against playoff teams before season is done .... It's a moving statistic....not like other stats...

Not sure about purpose of it....

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't know why, but this thread reminded me of this epic event.

e25edbf0fddc.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Wait, but we dont beat or play well against winning or playoff teams right? LOL

Poor trolls take another nose dive.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Thats pretty interesting. It will help at playoff time to have confidence going up against the quality teams. Amazingly, that juggernaut 49er squad hasn't had any wins against "good" teams yet.

That surprised me too.

That said, they still look pretty good.