RELEASED Cowboys release CB Donovan Olumba and DE Daniel Wise

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both physically fit the requirements of the old defensive staff, not the new. Makes sense.

Wise is just too small for anyone but Marinelli.
I get worried when I Start hearing about how only certain players can fit in certain schemes and staffs. That is not how it should be at all. A good head coach can make it work.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Once Crawford restructures, it’s a tip off that another signing is coming. Sanders or Trufant and I’m super happy.

Sanders and Trufant? Homerun

No it isn't a tip off.

These moves just happened because the league year just started. Teams rarely bother to make an announcement of moves like this before the league year starts because it isn't news worthy.

Reaction score
I get worried when I Start hearing about how only certain players can fit in certain schemes and staffs. That is not how it should be at all. A good head coach can make it work.

You’re looking at it the wrong way. Olumba and Wise were only on the roster last year because they fit Marinelli’s/Richard’s scheme. They had the one dimensional traits that those coaches wanted (length in CB and quick twitch in 3T). But they were not good overall NFL football players.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Crazy how much different how team is going to look next year, but in good way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re looking at it the wrong way. Olumba and Wise were only on the roster last year because they fit Marinelli’s/Richard’s scheme. They had the one dimensional traits that those coaches wanted (length in CB and quick twitch in 3T). But they were not good overall NFL football players.
I don't know what they thought about them. Like I said, I'm not in a uproar over the moves. I just don't like hearing the "Oh he doesn't fit our scheme...". If the guys can play you fit them into your scheme. That's why TJ Watt isn't here. He doesn't "fit".

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how many do not like some on players that actually the new staff likes or can play, But yet the ones they hype up never make it. Wise is the next in line on that list. I was never impressed. I could see why they kept him for the PS but also not surprised he was not plucked as many thought he would be.
:laugh:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why all this fretting over fringe talent?

Fact: Wise and Olumba were on the Cowboys' practice squad all last season. All 31 other teams could have signed them to their active roster at any time.

And nobody did.