Video: Cowboys Report: Mccarthy Camp: 'Speed Kills

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Yes it does and it doesn't always take a guy that can run a 4.3 to do it. Changing the speed of the game can stress a defense much like a major league pitcher, who changes the speeds on his pitches to keep the hitter of balance.

We can control the horizontal. We can control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity.

I have no doubt that we can push any defense to its Outer Limits ;)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes it does and it doesn't always take a guy that can run a 4.3 to do it. Changing the speed of the game can stress a defense much like a major league pitcher, who changes the speeds on his pitches to keep the hitter of balance.

We can control the horizontal. We can control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity.

I’m not sure what any of that means... but I love it!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm sooo giddy about this team. Seems like McCarthy is using everything and anything he can to make improvements to this team. It's like a breath of fresh air around here.

+1 ....remember he had a year off to break down league trends, patterns, etc from every possible angle. Just the other day at his presser I noticed he mention the importance of mathematics. It appears he's breaking even the smallest details into pieces look for an edge over his opponent.

I trying hard to contain my excitement and not get too ahead of the cart, but I have a hunch we're about to see the best coaching job this team has seen since Jimmy. Yes, even better than Parcell........

Hardline

Reaction score
I hope that's not the only thing that kills because there are teams with a lot more speed than the Cowboys.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The best part about this "report" is that this is what Mike McCarthy has given the media to write about.
A big bag of nothing, lol.

That dude wants to offer nothing to the media.

Stephen having to break that Trysten Hill is a starter is hilarious.
Jerry is gonna be glory holing it up here shortly.
He talks about big boying CeeDee Lamb into number 88 but mannnn he has had his always be marketing stolen away by the man in actual charge, Mike McCarthy.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
+1 ....remember he had a year off to break down league trends, patterns, etc from every possible angle. Just the other day at his presser I noticed he mention the importance of mathematics. It appears he's breaking even the smallest details into pieces look for an edge over his opponent.

I trying hard to contain my excitement and not get too ahead of the cart, but I have a hunch we're about to see the best coaching job this team has seen since Jimmy. Yes, even better than Parcell........
The 2003 10-6 NFC East Champ season is one of the best coaching jobs ever.

TheGoat73

Reaction score

Turtles all the Way Down

pansophy

Reaction score
At some point reporters are going to realize that when your offense and defense are on the field at the same time that it should only take half the time to get both units 70+ plays. Nothing “fast” about that, other than suggesting that the team is ready for game speed.