News: Cowboys rookie Diggs on 2 picks vs. Eagles: 'I'm starting to get the hang of it'

OGCowboy

Reaction score
He gets it...gonna be a stud. Has the drive , aggressiveness and high motor you gotta love.
Gonna be fun watching this vatto grow into a top shelf DB...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like this kid. He's got grit and a nose for the ball. Great second round pick who should be around for a long time if Jerry doesn't Byron Jones him.

lukin2006

Reaction score
That's the part of yesterday's game that bothered me. I did not want to win the game just to mess our draft spot...but I wanted to win the game for Diggs and our sad-sack head coach wouldn't give the other guy the opportunity??? MM, what part of those 70 yards he threw late into quarter number 3 impressed you? This Ben guy is not an NFL quarterback. You only get lucky so many times. We got lucky with Romo and Dak. And as far as I'm concerned Kap should have been signed to backup Dalton. Throwing a sketchy 7th round pick behind that O-line. Even experienced QBs would struggle.

bewp7

Reaction score
he will...it is a very hard positon (ask okudah) and he is also very raw. i think he went to bama as a wr.

just get him a good coaches because his devlipment is very important and he has very high potential.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cowboys rookie Diggs on 2 picks vs. Eagles: 'I'm starting to get the hang of it'

08f33f80eeb54526937590f9e1793b6e.jpg

The rookie made two impressive picks in Sunday night’s game and was a rare bright spot in another lackluster performance by the Cowboys.

Carson Wentz and the Philadelphia offense had clearly targeted Diggs in their game plan. Rookie wideout Jalen Reagor scored the Eagles’ first touchdown on a short pass in which Diggs was the cover man.

But the 23-year-old cornerback decided he wasn’t going to be picked on all night long.

“You’ve just got to keep fighting. That’s the beauty of the position,” Diggs told reporters after the game. “We’re all professionals; they’re going to catch some passes. You’ve just got to respond and keep competing throughout the whole game.”

Read Full Story

Not knocking Diggs, but it helps when the QB lobs two balls that the receiver has little chance of catching. Diggs did a good job of locating them and making the play, but there was nothing coveragewise for him to get the hang of on those throws. They were poor throws that he went and got.

tico

Reaction score
Other than elevating his skills this kid has a beast of a heart.. can't teach that boiii

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
That's the part of yesterday's game that bothered me. I did not want to win the game just to mess our draft spot...but I wanted to win the game for Diggs and our sad-sack head coach wouldn't give the other guy the opportunity??? MM, what part of those 70 yards he threw late into quarter number 3 impressed you? This Ben guy is not an NFL quarterback. You only get lucky so many times. We got lucky with Romo and Dak. And as far as I'm concerned Kap should have been signed to backup Dalton. Throwing a sketchy 7th round pick behind that O-line. Even experienced QBs would struggle.
Kap who hasn’t played for 4 years? He would’ve been just as bad

Proof

Reaction score
HE leads the league in turnovers.....that's what I meant. He gives every team turnovers that he plays.

lol yes, I know. And I’m saying he’s always been turnover prone and we still never took advantage. Nice to finally have one of our guys get in on the fun

The Natural

Reaction score
Its nice having a cornerback with ball skills. Too bad Dak is out because those plays Diggs made are the kind that normally win you football games.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Its nice having a cornerback with ball skills. Too bad Dak is out because those plays Diggs made are the kind that normally win you football games.
That was the philosophy going into the season and I like it.

Have an offense that can score 35 on their own and then play a high risk high reward style defense that can get the ball back to the offense. You’re going to give up some plays but if you get 1-2 possessions from sacks/turnovers then you have the formula to outscore teams

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let’s slow down here. It was the Eagles and we still lost. I think we’re hyping ourselves up a bit too much after that. We did take a step up, yes, but again, it was against the Eagles (who mind you, looked absolutely horrid) and we are still currently a bottom 5 team in the league. Proud of Diggs for being a ballhawk that last game, but Wentz has done that for a lot of corners this year. Something had to give.
Diggs still has 8 more games this season to play. That was his best game yet. He still gets targeted too much for my liking. I will say this the interceptions were impressive. He is 6’2 has only played cornerback for 3 years. He is the classic boom or bust pick. Hopefully he will continue to improve. Lets see what he does against Claypool.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol yes, I know. And I’m saying he’s always been turnover prone and we still never took advantage. Nice to finally have one of our guys get in on the fun
Well he’s never been this bad. This is the worst he’s been since his rookie year. He threw one to Xavier Woods last year.