Cowboys rule out rescinding Dak franchise tag

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In case any moron replies that you can't trade a Franchise player if they have not signed the tag.

Teams definitely can trade those players. I'm not going to explain the details.

Section446

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks they should rescind the tag does not understand the rules.

Only morons would want to rescind the tag instead of either trading or keeping the player...
Trading him is off the table too, nobody in the league is going to give up anything of value and give him a big contract, teams know what he is...

Section446

Reaction score
In case any moron replies that you can't trade a Franchise player if they have not signed the tag.

Teams definitely can trade those players. I'm not going to explain the details.
Why are you so fired up?

Section446

Reaction score
Title matches mentality....

Pc police?;)
I just don't get people who can't handle someone who doesn't see the world the way they do, so they revert to name calling. It's just unproductive...

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak is going to play on a year 1 deal, but whether or not Dak finishes the season as the starter or is wearing a Cowboys jersey next season is an entirely different discussion. MM is here and so far we've made all the right moves, let him assess his players this season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i dont see the advantage to signing dak this year better to wait and see how he does this year on the tag
if he does good then sign him if not let him go elsewhere

Londonboy

Reaction score
At no point does Jerry rule out kidnapping a Family member or a cute little doggie in order to pressure Him into signing.
This for Me is telling.

JBond

Reaction score
$28 million
When did that happen? It is what he is worth, but I saw nothing credible that was a real offer. I could live with 28. It will allow the team to build around him. Clearly he needs a ton of help.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he is the starter for one year, assuming Dalton doesn’t beat him out in training camp.
Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
he is the starter for one year, assuming Dalton doesn’t beat him out in training camp. And with new coaching, he won’t be here much longer than this year if he doesn’t finally learn how to hit receivers in stride consistently.

You're living in your own personal fantasy world. That's simply not how the Cowboys see it.

Dallas is said to be offering a whopping $35 million annually over five seasons with $106-plus million guaranteed.

The $35 million would match the deal Russell Wilson is playing under with the Seattle Seahawks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He is going to play under the franchise tag, he want budge for a low ball offer by Jerry. (more years = lower yearly average)
low ball? bahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
So what do you think is fair? Do you think its fair for a player to say, well in 4 years salaries for a top 5 qb will be here, so I want to be paid like thT TODAY TO ENSURE i STAY NEAR THE TOP FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS?

So what, in your opinion, is fair to both sides?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No matter what, the way Dak's teammates talk about his leadership, Stephen has to get this deal done. Also, the Cowboys do contracts at the last minute, so wait till around July 15.
I mean, all that leadership ability sure rose the level of play from all those teammates, didnt it? all the way to an 8-8 season. We MUST sign Dak. I mean, if we had to have Dalton as our starting qb, we might slip to 7-9.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They say things like this publicly but then wonder why his agent is demanding the world and wont accept less.

At least make them think and sweat a little.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I mean, all that leadership ability sure rose the level of play from all those teammates, didnt it? all the way to an 8-8 season. We MUST sign Dak. I mean, if we had to have Dalton as our starting qb, we might slip to 7-9.
IF you have ever been a part of a team, you know there are certain guys everyone loves having around. If that guy is the QB you might want to keep him around and not rock the boat.

I'm not a Dak is great fanboy, so kick that noise somewhere else. Just saying to a man those players love their QB and it don't matter what you or I think cause we not suiting up on Sundays.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...se-tag-primer-teams-can-start-tagging-players

"A player who has not signed the tender can also not be traded."

If the Cowboys wanted to trade Dak, they would grant permission to another team to work out a contract with Dak.

Once Dak agree to the contract, he would sign the Franchise Tag and the Cowboys would then trade him.

Another team would want to have the contract worked out before giving up draft capital anyway; otherwise, Dak might holdout on them if they tried to play him under the Franchise Tag.