News: Cowboys saw Wilber getting better during the game against Commanders, Garrett says

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has taken Kyle Wilber longer than the Cowboys thought, but he is making the transition to a 4-3 defensive end.

“One of the positive things that we felt like, as a staff, was that he was learning during the game,” coach Jason Garrett said. “We thought his rushes got better during the game. He did a little better job of getting on the edge, certainly on that sack-fumble that he made.

“We’ve talked about this before with Kyle. We drafted him as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, and he’s one of those young guys who we had some question about his ability to transition into a 4-3 defense,” Garrett said. “He’s been a guy who has been taking a little bit of time to do that, but I think he’s learning. He’s learning from watching DeMarcus Ware and some of the other guys who are playing ahead of him. And certainly in that environment with Rod and Leon, it’s a good place to learn, and he’s the right kind of guy, and he’s gotten better.”

Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher said Wilber just needs a push every once in a while.

Read more here:
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...the-game-against-Commanders-garrett-says.html

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Gee learning on the field. Who would have thunk it. Now can we get Holloman out there too.

CashMan

Reaction score
Hatcher is a guy we need to look at extending. I like his attitude and what he brings to the game.

Totally agree! Let Jerry had out a big contract to a 31yr old DT. Hmmm....playing well in a contract year, sounds like a winner winner.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Totally agree! Let Jerry had out a big contract to a 31yr old DT. Hmmm....playing well in a contract year, sounds like a winner winner.

Chicken dinner. Nah.

Hatch is going to have to settle for a two-year deal and a home town discount if he expects to stay in Dallas.

CashMan

Reaction score
Chicken dinner. Nah.

Hatch is going to have to settle for a two-year deal and a home town discount if he expects to stay in Dallas.

Do you see him, after every sack, doing the money thing with his fingers? That isn't going to happen.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Do you see him, after every sack, doing the money thing with his fingers? That isn't going to happen.

Actually, I have not seen him do the money thing. If he does expect to get paid he is foolish; the NFL is no country for old men.

morasp

Reaction score
Good to hear. If he can step in it might give ware some time to heal up and maybe even some rotation when he does to keep him a little healthier.