Cowboys scout DB Kelly Jennings

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys have had the opportunity to scout former Miami Hurricanes cornerback Kelly Jennings (5-10, 178) on two occasions within the last month, TheRanchReport.com has learned.

Dallas scouts spoke with Jennings extensively at the NFL Scouting Combine in February, and also scouted him at Miami's Pro-day on March 4.

On both occasions, Jennings was impressive. At the combine, he recorded a 40-inch vertical jump. He also duplicated that feat at his pro day.

Jennings, who recorded 41 total tackles, 16 passes defended and three interceptions during his senior season, is viewed a strong cover corner that’s flashed great skill during his last three seasons with the 'Canes.

Other teams that shown interest in Jennings are the Falcons, Bills, Cardinals, Eagles and Jaguars.

Jennings has been listed as a possible first round draft pick by some publications, but for the Cowboys, he would only be selected in the second round or later.

299149.jpg

MrPhil

Reaction score
WG, the thread title identifies Jennings as a S but the article only mentions CB. Is there talk about moving him to S?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MrPhil said:
WG, the thread title identifies Jennings as a S but the article only mentions CB. Is there talk about moving him to S?
Sorry, I misread. I could've sworn he was a safety when I first read it... I think it's cuz I looked at his stats and thought he was a safety.

MrPhil

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Sorry, I misread. I could've sworn he was a safety when I first read it... I think it's cuz I looked at his stats and thought he was a safety.

Its cool, no need for apologies. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything!

Thanks for posting the article, I didn't know we had soon any interest in him.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
The Dallas Cowboys have had the opportunity to scout former Miami Hurricanes cornerback Kelly Jennings (5-10, 178) on two occasions within the last month, TheRanchReport.com has learned.

Dallas scouts spoke with Jennings extensively at the NFL Scouting Combine in February, and also scouted him at Miami's Pro-day on March 4.

On both occasions, Jennings was impressive. At the combine, he recorded a 40-inch vertical jump. He also duplicated that feat at his pro day.

Jennings, who recorded 41 total tackles, 16 passes defended and three interceptions during his senior season, is viewed a strong cover corner that’s flashed great skill during his last three seasons with the 'Canes.

Other teams that shown interest in Jennings are the Falcons, Bills, Cardinals, Eagles and Jaguars.

Jennings has been listed as a possible first round draft pick by some publications, but for the Cowboys, he would only be selected in the second round or later.

299149.jpg

Jennings was one of the better cover corners in college during his career and if he weren't the size of a blue tail fly he would easily be a top 20 pick.

dmoore

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
wrong Jennings.

I agree, but maybe that's because I go to WMU. Got to see him in a couple of games and he was by far the best player on the field. He might not be the fastest WR but he was pretty explosive. Could return punts too.