Twitter: Cowboys second best in the league in second down decision making

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
It’s true.

The problem is, they are one of the worst in the league on first down.

Leaving the Cowboys in hard to manage 2nd and 3rd downs on a frequent basis.

They need to run the ball with Zeke and Pollard and then hit them with short passing game with both.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
We considered second downs and 12 or fewer yards to go, in games with two scores. The “correct” decision between a run and a pass was defined as the one with the higher expected points added. Below are the three best teams in terms of making decisions on second downs.

Why 12 yards, and why set a cutoff at 2 scores? Not sure why I ask because it's PFF and they just come up with **** at random most of the time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Too bad that wouldn't carry over to first down in third down
We actually have the highest 3rd down conversion rate in the league...you can thank Kellen for bailing out the defense.

CB61

Reaction score
We actually have the highest 3rd down conversion rate in the league...you can thank Kellen for bailing out the defense.
Was just kidding and yes I was aware that we have a great third-down conversion rate my point was to click on all cylinders every down

CB61

Reaction score
They're #1 in converting on 3rd down
My point was that we need to click on all four downs or three Downs excuse me I am aware of that the announcer say it every 5 minutes