Video: Cowboys secondary went their own way?

CWR

Reaction score
Its not about mutiny, it more of players adjusting and those adjustments working. Dak and Lee/Jaylon were adjusting all game. You could see this presnap. It happens you know. I remember Newman doing this and it failing vs the vikings.

If I had to guess Id think Richard wanted to play press. I understand what you saw though. I could be wrong.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It seems as if the coaches themselves gave the players the leeway to play as they please. " If we're going to press them. Let's make sure we press them with inside leverage." But it was the "if" part of that quote that makes it appear Richard was caught off guard by the way they were playing. Given freedom and mutiny are complete opposites. I don't know which one it was but good job guys. They played their butts off yesterday.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Defense needs to keep drinking coffee! Time to hammer the Birds!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
So that leads you to the conclusion that the players revolted against the coaches and went and did their own thing?

What other fantasy scenarios do you come up with? Do you have a blog somewhere I can subscribe too?
Its got nothing to do with revolting. Its the players showing smarts and adjusting their coverages to better defend what the offense is trying to do. Jesus some of you are so dense

MaaS

Reaction score
I think this is a stretch, but it's baffling why we don't play bump and run more often. We really haven't seen an aggressive defensive gameplan since last year's Saints game.

We need to do this and more vs the Eagles. If we play our typical "bend but don't break" style scheme they'll dink and dunk us all day. Not pressing the trash they have at WR would defy logic, but will probably happen.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Here is the mic'd up video and you can come away with your own opinion but to me it sounds like the secondary made the decision to jam WRs off the snap. Richard is there saying ok if were going to get up there and jam them, jam them with outside leverage. Meaning jam them and force them inside. Seems like players on offense and defense wanted to go away from the normal every sunday routine of these coaches.

this takes place at the 1:51 mark

This just validates that the team wins while overcoming coaching .

nobody

Reaction score
That is interesting to see. I thought that was a baseball thing. Baseball players are famous for drinking pots of coffee to stay awake.

Well yeah.. they have to... Baseball is boring! Coffee is a must to stay awake! :laugh:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here is the mic'd up video and you can come away with your own opinion but to me it sounds like the secondary made the decision to jam WRs off the snap. Richard is there saying ok if were going to get up there and jam them, jam them with outside leverage. Meaning jam them and force them inside. Seems like players on offense and defense wanted to go away from the normal every sunday routine of these coaches.

this takes place at the 1:51 mark

good for them..made me so frustrated sometimes the cushion the db's would give and opened door for short routes and quick slants etc...we got some fast db's who can recover so why not jam them off the line?

Cas2800

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh…..So NOW Jaylon cant get enough camera time because they are winning? :huh::facepalm:

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Rams were licking their chops looking at the 15 yard cushion on every play on tape and getting ready for their 50 wr screens.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
So that leads you to the conclusion that the players revolted against the coaches and went and did their own thing?

What other fantasy scenarios do you come up with? Do you have a blog somewhere I can subscribe too?
That is off the wall.

The only thing I got out of the conversation on the sideline was some players were reporting to the coaches something that might work to change.

Not that they were being insubordinate.

This happens during games.

Position coaches are asking players what is working or not.

Then things get adjusted on the fly.

No big deal.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Its a whole game worth of context. Clearly you werent paying attention to the coverage players were playing. CBs were right up on WRs all night. Which is why Goffs only outlet was basically higbee. This further paints a better picture hearing him say this. His defense is a cover 3. Always has been. Some of you have no clue whats going on with this team. Seems like you just cosign what u see from these talking media heads.

Our trademark for many years was to give a 10 yard cushion even when its 3rd and short.

I don't blame the players for going up on the line and doing it their way and jamming the receivers. Frankly, this should have been done from the beginning of the year.

This is the problem with our team. Why do we always stick to things that don't work? Now when something works we simply abandon it never to see it again in the playbook.

Why?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it was something they discussed ahead a time and he was just reminding them what to do. Good coaching.

However what I did take away was the amount of excitement and camaraderie among the players .. They are self motivating and it may carry us a ways.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
That is interesting to see. I thought that was a baseball thing. Baseball players are famous for drinking pots of coffee to stay awake.

i would have to do the same to stay awake watching it. playing it couldn't be much better.