Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select Oregon State CB Nashon Wright at 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWillie

Reaction score
4.57 short shuttle?

Just for comparisons sake from the 2020 draft ..

Bradlee Anae (257lbs) - 4.43
Carlos Davis (313lbs) - 4.52
AJ Epeneza (275lbs) - 4.46
Yetur Gross-Matos (266lbs) - 4.34
Ladarius Hamilton (262lbs) - 4.49

.. I could go on and on with others, but you get the point.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
How is this guy any different from that Chris Westry scrub that was on our team last year?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Absolute reach. Ranked 307th and most had him as a 7th round / UDFA.
This is not a McClay (VP Player Personnel), and Lionel Vital (Director of Scouting) type draft. Only one team captain has been drafted. All defense is a good thing but OL needs to be addressed. Also rarely do McClay and Vital reach for players. Lionel Vital did not get along with Quinn allowing Scot Pioli to look over his shoulders in the ATL

Wright may get work at S.

I would have kept Chris Westry who had 4.4 40yd type speed but had 85" wingspan. He is with the Ravens now.

Reactions: CWR

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
This is the most disappointing pick is Jaylon in 2016. Just a gut punch. Not the players fault, but this team doesn't usually go way off board like this on top 100 picks

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I’m intrigued by this player. If anyone has any video please post.

He’s playing a lot of man coverage and for a 6’4 he looks really good and fluid doing it. Surprising.

The thing is.. He’s going to be sitting in cover 3 zone with his eyes in the backfield and batting down passes.

Was it a reach? Sure.. But this is a interesting player.

My only worry is the Special Teams coach got to pick a guy because I do get some Pat Watkins vibes. A special teams ace type.. I hope that’s not the case.

But in a cover 3 zone? Can’t wait to watch it play out.

I'm also intrigued, but paying the price we did to draft him is hard to swallow.
Got to give the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt on this one. Wright is a scheme fit, and with his length and reach he will narrow those windows in zone.
The kid has a nose for the ball and we all know how much we suck at getting turnovers. His instincts and anticipation are his strengths.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm also intrigued, but paying the price we did to draft him is hard to swallow.
Got to give the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt on this one. Wright is a scheme fit, and with his length and reach he will narrow those windows in zone.
The kid has a nose for the ball and we all know how much we suck at getting turnovers. His instincts and anticipation are his strengths.

It’s the Cowboys. Expectations should’ve been lowered the day they signed Dak to that deal.

conner01

Reaction score
Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) Tweeted:
#Cowboys Round 3 vs. my board

Pick 75 Osa Odighizuwa - rank No. 228

Pick 84 Chauncey Gholston - rank 242

Pick 99 Nahshon Wright - rank 315

Could be they're right & I'm wrong, but never had this happen before

Status
Not open for further replies.