Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select South Carolina CB Israel Mukuamu at 227

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys top guys were at South Carolina pro day for Horn, I'm sure they got a lot of info on Mukuamu during that visit.

CWR

Reaction score
If they keep 5 CBS...

1. brown
2. Diggs
3. Lewis - slot ?
4. Joseph
5. CJ Goodwin (special teams)
6. ? Reggie Robinson / Wright / Israel

maybe someone pushes Lewis off the team? Or Goodwin?

I'm not sure where the cuts come from but I think we keep:
Diggs
Joseph
Brown
Lewis

Those four are automatic imo

Then I expect we keep our 3rd rounder. That's five. I think Mukuma will say and do all the right things and I think we will have to keep him. So we are at 6. Reggie Robinson is likely gone unless he balls out in camp. It doesn't seem he was ever given an opportunity, but I dont know what happens in practice.

Or as discussed one of those guys moves to safety. We are heavy at LB and DL as well. Its going to be a highly competitive camp. I expect "voluntary" activities to be full given the competitive climate we are creating.

Creeper

Reaction score
No Cowboys draft would be complete if they did not draft a CB then intended to switch to safety.

At least they didn't draft another Boise State player!

RandyOh

Reaction score
I'm not sure where the cuts come from but I think we keep:
Diggs
Joseph
Brown
Lewis

Those four are automatic imo

Then I expect we keep our 3rd rounder. That's five. I think Mukuma will say and do all the right things and I think we will have to keep him. So we are at 6. Reggie Robinson is likely gone unless he balls out in camp. It doesn't seem he was ever given an opportunity, but I dont know what happens in practice.

Or as discussed one of those guys moves to safety. We are heavy at LB and DL as well. Its going to be a highly competitive camp. I expect "voluntary" activities to be full given the competitive climate we are creating.
Supposedly they was gonna move Reggie Robinson back to corner for this season. I think they have already hinted at Mukuma moving to FS. Guess they could also still hide Robinson as a SS backup and play Neal at SS on based downs if Wilson gets injured. If they wanna keep All these young large athletic DBs, then im sure they will find a way to keep them.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If they keep 5 CBS...

1. brown
2. Diggs
3. Lewis - slot ?
4. Joseph
5. CJ Goodwin (special teams)
6. ? Reggie Robinson / Wright / Israel

maybe someone pushes Lewis off the team? Or Goodwin?

I think Mukuama will be kept as the fourth safety (Wilson, Kazee, Kearse, Mukuama).

Corner is a bit tougher (Diggs, Joseph, Brown, Lewis, Goodwin, Wright, Robinson, Canady).

Status
Not open for further replies.