Cowboys should enlist 3-year plan with Ezekiel Elliott, let him walk

DenCWBY

Reaction score
They need to give him a 4-year deal that is basically guaranteeing him three years of franchise tags starting right now. That way, he's taken care of injury-risk-wise, and he'll have about $45 million guaranteed. However, there DEFINITELY needs to be off-field clauses related to that guarantee.

Then, you can revisit in Year 4.

His value to the team warrants this. He's the best player they have.
I agree. However another angle on this situation is Zeke's checkered past with the law/NFL (which has to be playing even the mind of his agent). Idle time is the devils workshop and in Zeke case, can he stay under the radar while sitting for a year without the team or season as his stable? This is another risk that his agent has to be concerned with. One more slip up and he could be out another year with the NFL and no one is getting paid. Zeke is not holding many cards at this point.

erod

Reaction score
I agree. However another angle on this situation is Zeke's checkered past with the law/NFL (which has to be playing even the mind of his agent). Idle time is the devils workshop and in Zeke case, can he stay under the radar while sitting for a year without the team or season as his stable? This is another risk that his agent has to be concerned with. One more slip up and he could be out another year with the NFL and no one is getting paid. Zeke is not holding many cards at this point.

He's holding one big card.

The team is toast without him.

He knows it, they know it, Dak knows it, and the players know it.

erod

Reaction score
I know that Garrett is toast even with Brady at QB .

Garrett has won the the 2nd most games in the NFC in the past 5 years. He's won the division 3 of the past 5 years, and he's posted winning records 4 of the past 5 years.

His players play damn hard for him. They love the guy.

I'm not here or there on him, but those are just the facts.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett has won the the 2nd most games in the NFC in the past 5 years. He's won the division 3 of the past 5 years, and he's posted winning records 4 of the past 5 years.

His players play damn hard for him. They love the guy.

I'm not here or there on him, but those are just the facts.

Garrett has made the playoffs thrice in 9 years , those are the facts .
Has never made it passed the 1st round in the playoffs.
Has the worst record of any HC in playoff success vs. years active .
Cant get past the divisonal game .
The guy has an atrocious record.

erod

Reaction score
Garrett has made the playoffs thrice in 9 years , those are the facts .
Has never made it passed the 1st round in the playoffs.
Has the worst record of any HC in playoff success vs. years active .
Cant get past the divisonal game .
The guy has an atrocious record.

He inherited a ridiculous roster of ill-fitting parts. He reestablished with Jerry the need to draft offensive lineman high in the draft. He got rid of old veterans, which Jerry never could.

Thanks to Jerry, Garrett had the worst defenses statistically in Cowboys history, including one that was the worst in NFL history.

Will McClay fixed that thankfully. Jerry stepped away from the draft board and turned it over.

If Dez caught it, which he did, then that might have been the NFC Championhip game.

And so far, Dak hasn't been ready to go further. Perhaps now he will be.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He inherited a ridiculous roster of ill-fitting parts. He reestablished with Jerry the need to draft offensive lineman high in the draft. He got rid of old veterans, which Jerry never could.

Thanks to Jerry, Garrett had the worst defenses statistically in Cowboys history, including one that was the worst in NFL history.

Will McClay fixed that thankfully. Jerry stepped away from the draft board and turned it over.

If Dez caught it, which he did, then that might have been the NFC Championhip game.

And so far, Dak hasn't been ready to go further. Perhaps now he will be.

9 years of excuses ... pfff...
carrott 'inherited' ? .. interesting, he was the OC before he took over .

His record is indefensible ...

Poor Garrett is a victim , while being The Head Coach ... How does that work ?

So i guess, being a Garrett family member must be a 'real responsibility' huh ?

Last edited: